Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindyluhu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Washer won't fill --leaks onto floor
    Hi ! My washer is suddenly leaking right onto the floor -- all the water goes right through immediately when filling. What could be the cause, please? It wasn't even leaking a bit prior to this. It's a Frigidaire top-load "Horizon 2000" . Thanks very much!
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 6, 2008, 09:24 AM
    How old is it? Could be the connections inside your machine that the hoses connect to, or the reason I ask the age is it could be the wash tub or seal has a leak.

Nov 6, 2008, 09:29 AM
    I know it's at least five yrs old and I use it an average twice a week. Is this considered old for a washer? Thank you!

Nov 6, 2008, 09:39 AM
    5 years is not that old, washers usually go 10 to 15 years, is there any one that can take the back of washer off for you then you could probably see where its leaking from.

Nov 6, 2008, 09:43 AM
    My husband is extremely "unhandy" but I think he could remove the back of the washer. I will remember to unplug it first!

Nov 6, 2008, 09:47 AM
    For sure unplug it until you get cover off but then you'll need to plug it in to start the filling cycle and find out where its leaking.you should be by the controls to turn it off for him when it starts leaking. I hope I helped you a liitle bit. Good luck. Write back if you find out the problem.

Nov 8, 2008, 03:46 PM
    I'm sorry -- I had to go and this is the first chance I've had to continue... When I took the (wet) clothes out of the washer, I was surprised to find about four inches of water in it -- couldn't figure out why some water would pour right through and some stay in. My neighbor suggested it may be, as you said, the tub has a leak or crack or the hoses. He's going to come over Sunday and look at it. He's never repaired a washer but at least he'll look, and if it's a hose I'll replace it. Thank you so much!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor wall Joints Leaks in basement [ 20 Answers ]

HI, We got a brand new constrcution townhome .The day we moved in we found mold in the finished basement .Then after ripping the bseaborad we found water leakage in the wall ,floor joint on one side of the wall.The builder is working on fixing this.I lost my sleep over this.This is my whole life...

Shower stall floor drain leaks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fiat shower stall floor pan & I have a leak . I have removed the ceiling on first floor & the leak apears to be from above , plumbers putty didn't work , neo gasket missing & can't find replacement , any suggestions?

Shower leaks through floor into kitchen below - sometimes [ 12 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new here, so please forgive me if this question has been asked before. Our master shower upstairs has started occassionally leaking thru the floor/ceiling & into the light fixture in the kitchen below. I don't think it's the pipes or else it would do it all the time & when we empty the...

Washer leaks at drain [ 3 Answers ]

The drain pipe in the bottom rear of my washer leaked when I moved to clean floor behind it. When I removed clamp, about a quart of water flowed out which I guess means it did not drain completely. What should I do?

Washer leaks when shower is on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - got a new washing machine and it is hooked into the same hot & cold lines that supply my shower in the next room. When I turn on the bath or shower my washer trickles water, but stops when I shut off the shower. It does not appear to happen when any other faucets are on. Sears says there...

View more questions Search