Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2008, 04:57 AM
    Brake job fair price
    I wonder what is a fair price is for a brake job. On a 2003 Toyota echo.

Even just the front pads for material and labor.

Hollywood, Florida. I was lucky this time pepboys charged me $183.00 for the front pads and rear shoes.
    I do not know, if they resurfaced the rotors or not. Thanks for your input
    detroitdiesel Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2008, 06:34 AM

Hi,

There's different factors here are you just replacing the pads? Replacing the rotors? Or, having the rotors machined. If you have any mechanical knowledge this is a very easy job.
    jervick29 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 06:53 AM

Firs of all any reputable mechanic is not going to replace worn pads without "turning" the rotors the whole thing should not cost more than 70.00. Or as I have done in the past , replace them yourself, there are plenty or how to sites that will guide you through it. Very easy job!
    detroitdiesel Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2008, 07:13 AM

I agree with you any reputable mechanic won't turn the rotors but if you go to a shop and say replace pads only sure there going to do it. And yes it is a very easy DIY job.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 04:09 PM

Yes it is unless you come across a stuck caliper piston or a seized caliper slider. Then you're yelling for help and some special tools.
    Also, when a trained tech is in there, he may spot another problem like a bad strut, bent or loose steering component, missing brake hardware, leaking or swelled brake hoses, that the typical DIY'er will never even notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to determine a fair price for a business [ 3 Answers ]

My employer has offered me and my son a chance to buy her business. It's a commercial cleaning service that brings in aprox $15,500 a month. She wants payments of 7000 a month to be taken off the top of the profits. I'll be paying this for 5 years. There is no building in the sale, only...

How much is a fair price rate for wallpaper removal. [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know what is a fair rate to charge for wallpaper removal?

Fair price for surgery in LA [ 2 Answers ]

My cat must have her spleen removed. Mast cells are present. Price range boggles my brain. Would like some viewpoints. Is the most expensive always the best? Just wondering what is reasonable. Thanks for your thoughts.

Fair price for toilet fix [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Plumbers what do you think? My toilet is running , it is not the flap or chain ( I can handle that ) I work in a huge hospital and the electricans / plumbers from plant ops will do side jobs. I had someone out here once and he didn't want to take money. I would like to pay him for...

Is $2972 for a Payne 2 ton 13 seer a/c fair price? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing an old rooftop a/c unit in my condo in Tallahassee, FL. I have been given a quote for a Payne 2 TON 13 SEER R22 refrigerant in the amount of $2972, $3190 w/ heat pump. For $3590 I can have a Bryant 2 ton 13 SEER R10 w/ heat pump installed instead. Being that I'm in Florida, do you...

View more questions Search