Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolbrezzeb Posts: 74, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 5, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Hard Drive space
    I just wanted to know how much can a 500GB external hard drive hold of Music,movies,and pictures?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 01:04 PM

don't really understand, it will hold 500gb worth

500 GB = 512,000 MB if that was what you ere looking for
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2008, 01:46 PM

If you are looking for the number of movies, songs and pics it will hold, that depends on their size.

500G is a LOT of space
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Here are some numbers for a point of reference. I have around 150 audio CDs ripped to disk in Windows Media Audio lossless format. They consume about 50 GB.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Hard drive space [ 1 Answers ]

All of a sudden I have almost no space on my hard drive. Ive done disc clean and removed programs etc. But it doesn't help. Anyone know of a free space recovery download or have any other suggestions?

Hard Drive Space Dimishing [ 1 Answers ]

I have 80 GB hard drive on my computer and for some reason, the remaining free spaces slowly dimishes. Don't keep many big files on the system, most would be about 6 GB of music. Don't have many programs on it either. Biggest would be Adobe CS2. Basically, a normal desktop PC. It's healthy too. I...

Unable to access unallocated space on hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

I am setting up my new computer and installed a 320 gb drive and installed XP w/SP2. I partitioned the drive with 75 gb for Windows, then went to disc manager to setup the unallocated space. When I tried to set up the unallocated space as a new partition I get a dialog box that says the operation...

Losing Hard drive space [ 3 Answers ]

I've been converting my vob. Files to avi. And putting them on my extra drive(D drive).But I keep losing hard drive space on my main drive also(C drive).I have checked the properties of the files and it is going to the right drive (D)I'm using Ireverter to convert to avi. And DVD Decrypter to rip...

View more questions Search