Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcapone2524 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Control board
    I'm working on a forced hot air furnace that's in a basement that got flooded and the furnace was only on 2-4 so it looks like the whole blower motor and control board transformer got flooded. I responded to a no heat call today check the unit the unit won't do nothing, it has power coming from service switch it has power going to the board it has 24v going to board tstat but won't operate when calling for heat I checked pressure switch checked for countinity when I sucked on the tube it was fine I jumped it nothing happened I checked all limits switches roll outs etc everything good. I think I have a bad board it has some green corision on the board as well before I order a new I just wanted a professional opinion thanks
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 04:51 PM

You say you have 24v at themostat strip on board? If so, then this eliminates the fuse on the control board. Set the thermostat to call for heat and then check for 120 at the board going to your draft inducer. This is just to make sure you draft inducer has not failed. If you have 120v at the inducer and inducer doesn't start, let me know.

That said, if your board was immersed in water, it's a pretty good bet that its fried. Flooded furnace, usually means replacing board, and you may also have a ruined blower motor. Not to mention transformer(but if you have 24v to board, your trans if fine.

I would start by replacing the control board. This will have to be done before you can check other operations of furnace. Good luck and let me know what you find.

Nov 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Your right the fuse was not blown and the idm is not getting no power from board
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 05:07 PM

You said you have 120 suppling board, yes. If this is true, you have to replace board. Definitely first step.
    Let the home owner know what you are dealing with, and see if they want to have you replace part after part, or would they think about looking into a knew furnace. (Some people don't like the idea of having a gas fired applience that has been flooded.) If they just want you to fix existing furnace, start with the baord, and see if this doesn't fix all of your problems. Just let the homeowner know that there may be other problems you will have to deal with after the board is replaced. Im hoping the board is the final sollution. Good luck and please keep me posted.

Nov 5, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Thanks ill change it and let u know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Furnace Control Board? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Carrier 58PAV that intermittently aborts or sometimes clicks on and off at the draft blower stage. I found out I can move the control board (HK42FZ007) when the blower motor clicks off, and it clicks and comes right back on. If I hold it just right, the furnace starts and if I manage to...

Control board [ 1 Answers ]

My control board seems to not be working the light won't come on it is a goodman 90% furnace I do not have the home owners book for it

Can I install a fan control board? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a broke, but resourceful guy who got a quote from an HVAC company to install a new fan control board in my Ducan furance for $420. He wrote to part numbers on the estimate. Ducane part 20430801 (Ducane) & ST9160B1076 (Honeywell). He told me it would take him 1-1.5 hrs to install. To make...

How much would it cost to buy a control board. [ 4 Answers ]

Can I buy a control board at Lowe's or Home Depot or do I have to order?

50A50-110 Control Board [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1995 ComfortMaker, forced air, NG, 80% efficient, furnace with a 50A50-110 control board. The original board was replaced in year 3 under warranty. I am now having regular problems with the furnace going out. The trouble light on the control board blinks from one to six at varying times...

View more questions Search