Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ale1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Hipaa violation
    Discussing with another physician a clinical case in the nurse/doctors area without mentioning patient name, is it considered HIPAA violation?
    What if the same patient overhead it and recognized his/her case?

Thank you for your attention
    Ale
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 10:40 AM

No, not considered a violation because health professionals can do that without mentioned names. That is how they communicate cases and network the care planning. If the patient overheard, I guess he/she would have a hard time proving they were talking about his/her case.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 12:16 PM

No, first no name was talked about, second other medical professionals can talk about cases among thierelf
    andrea1brown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 02:26 PM
    I need help! The pharmacy I use has violated the HIPAA law can I sue them
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 02:38 PM

Andrea, you have already posted your question so you do not need to tag onto someone else's. You posted in the area for someone to ANSWER not ask another question.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 05:48 PM

Andrea, your question was asked and answered - continuing to post the same question with no additional info is not going to give you different answers.
    coachj Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Comment on andrea1brown's post
    You cannot sue for violations of the Hippa law, if you report them and they find that they did break the hippa law they will be given a fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPAA Violation [ 2 Answers ]

I just started seeing a new Chiropractor. Yesterday he gave me a file to take home stating that it was my info. When I opened it today it was another Pt's information and only contiained billing info about me. I no longer wish to see this doctor as he violated HIPAA and I don't know whether he...

Hipaa law violation [ 2 Answers ]

This has to do with a divorce case: wife and husband had to complete drug tests in regards to child custody and parenting time. Wife tested negative and husband tested positive. Wife proceeded to email drug test results of husband to business belonging to Husband's father... including his...

HIPAA violation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is out of work due to bilateral fractured ankles he received in a car wreck. He received a call from a co-worker asking when he was coming back to work as he was working on the schedule. My husband told him he would be back when he was cleared by him Dr.. The co-worker told him their...

Hipaa violation? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I don't know if this is the right topic for the question or not, but here goes. I work in a hospital, and I was wondering if when talking to a co-worker outside of work Is it a hipaa violation to tell how many patients are on the floor, if that is all the info That you reveal?...

View more questions Search