Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tallsamoan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Overseas Credit Card debt collection affecting credit rating in Canada?
    I do live in Canada and I have an outstanding CC debt with a world-renown bank in the UK, but for reasons beyond my control I am unable to make overseas payments. It is not a matter of not trying or wanting to pay, but other reasons are involved...

How could or will non-payment of a European-based card affect my credit rating in Canada? Does the UK bank have any legal possibilities to collect here in Canada, or to take legal action of any kind? Does a Visa or MasterCard debt in Europe affect my card status here in Canada, although the local card(s) are all in good standing?

I appreciate any feedback of info.
    finner16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 10:57 AM

I don't believe so, it has be done in the past by a friend of mine. I will follow up with him and let you know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Debt Overseas [ 3 Answers ]

I have an outstanding credit card debt overseas (in Hong Kong). What are the laws for payment? At this moment I do not have a job over there any more and moved back to Japan. However I still have some debt on my AMEX and VISA cards. What are the laws against delinquent credit card debt? As I am...

Overseas Credit Card Debt Collection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have a credit debt (around CAD8,000) from when I lived/worked in Singapore and I have now returned to Canada. Can they come after me in Canada for the outstanding amount and do you think they would take any legal action to collect this amount. The only thing they've done so far is send...

Overseas Summons for Credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone help me? I just received notice of a Court Summons delivered by a U.S. Marshall to my parent's home in Los Angeles. I currently live in South Korea. I will not be back in the states till a year or two. I was planning on paying for the debts I incurred after I finish working...

Credit card debt incurred overseas [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was issued an AMEX and VISA card while I was living overseas (the U.K). I returned to the US about 6 years ago and kept the cards active. It turns out that I owe AMEX about $6000 and last night I received a call from what I assume is an American collection agency. Can this debt...

Credit card debt settlement overseas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently joined a debt settlement program that has good customer feedback on forums and favorable ratings from the BBB... however, I am worried that I will be sued before my debts are settled ($38000 over 24 months). And it is complicated by the fact that I took a job overseas for an...

View more questions Search