Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patches Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2004, 03:28 PM
    Weed and feed lawn fertilizer
    I had a very old lawn. Last Fall, aerated and double seeded and it looked like Better Homes and Gardens.
    In spring I used the Scotts Step I fertilizer with halts. Now I used Step 2, Weed and Feed, and the lawn looks terrible. It gets browner every day, I think it killed all the new grass. What shall I do now?
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jan 24, 2005, 12:16 AM
    How much weed & feed did you put on the lawn? Sound like you used too much. Your lawn will come back. My neighbor next door did the same thing only he used the whole bag on a very small mobile home lot and burned all the grass but it came back w/no weeds at all. A person I worked with was very lawn crazy and told me to use weed and feed on Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July and Labor Day. Have followed that rule of thumb and my lawn looks great.
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2005, 04:12 PM
    Brown Patches on Lawn
    We had the same problem with brown patches. In our case, it was caused by overwatering of the lawn. This provides a fertile environment for black beetles who literally eat your lawn away. You might consider applying some Lawn Grub Killer to the affected areas. Ask your local nursery for a suitable product.

If that doesn't work, it may be a fungus attacking your lawn. This stops the roots of the grass from receiving water. You may be able to fix the problem by applying a household detergent in the ratio of one teaspoon of detergent to four and one half litres (one gallon) of water. Soak the affected area with the mixture and then hose it off.

CAUTION
    This method can be used ONLY ONCE. Repeat applications will kill grass roots.

Hope this helps.
    zeba3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Can you put grass seed down and wed and feed at the same time.
    AJ01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
    No - the chemicals in the weed and feed will stop the grass seed from germinating. Usually, the instructions on the bag will tell you when its safe to re-seed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to load feed in weed eater [ 3 Answers ]

I don' know how to put the line in the weed eater. Can someone help? Thanks.

When to lay fertilizer? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im from ON, Canada. The weather this week has had highs of about 15C. I have scotts fertilizer weed control which will control dandelions. Last year I had a ton of them and want to avoid it this year. It says to lay the fertizlizer when weeds are actively growing. Do I lay this down in the next...

When do I mow, after weed & feed application? [ 2 Answers ]

I did a weed and feed application on Sunday, wondering if it is too early to mow again? I don't want to mow up any residual product. It has rained a few times since, I am in the PNW, Seattle area. It is really nice this afternoon here and I would like to take advantage of the time and the...

Weed And Feed In The Garden [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My son put weed and feed in the vegetable garden Will this harm my plants what can I do? Will I be able to eat the Produce...

View more questions Search