Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyport Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 08:02 AM
    I am 30 just received a notice stating that I am partially disabled.
    I have been living with my uncle since I became disabled from a car accident. He wants me to pay money to live there but I don't have it. I do my best and I borrow money from friends to make ends meet. Now I owe friends. I do have about 1,500 dollar in a account. I want to save it for a rainy day. Will having money in my account hurt me from actually receiving benefits. What should I do? Thank you.
    lauren6318 Posts: 36, Reputation: -3

Nov 11, 2008, 01:19 PM

It shouldn't. What state are you in? Why aren't you getting medical coverage from the accident? You should be in touch with a lawyer - they can help you get benefits from your insurance or the insurance from the person that hit you (were you at fault?). Most cases, they'll take only a part of the settlement and not cost you anything upfront.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received 3 day pay or quit notice. What happens next [ 2 Answers ]

My son who is disabled has lived at the same residence for 3 years. He is behind in his rent in the amount of$625 and his current rent of $725.00 is due. On oct 8 we received a letter demanding that all monies be paid by Oct 15. My son receives S.S.I and he was working. He has made payment towards...

Received notice to appar for pretrial - CC Debt [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here. Wish I had read posts here before. My husband was served with a notice to appear for pretrial conference/mediation. The plaintiff is an attorney on behalf of a credit card company. I called the attorney and asked what can I do to not have my husband go to court? The amount...

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

Can my creditors sue me after I received the discharge notice? [ 4 Answers ]

I filed for bankruptcy in December of 2007 and finally received a discharge letter from the court couple of weeks ago. But I now am receiving summons from attorneys representing my creditors(credit card banks). My question is, do I still have to respond to summons even though I already received...

Kentucky eviction/received 7 day notice from landlord [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take to be physically put out by the sheriff after going to eviction court in Louisville Kentucky?

View more questions Search