Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Nov 5, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Tarot and oracle cards
    Can someone explain a clear difference between the two Im a little confused? Thanks in advance!
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Nov 15, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Well Tarot Cards are cards you use like the Rider Deck... great for a first timer the tarot is a set of 78 cards, with trump cards plus the Fool card making up the 22 major arcana cards and the pip and four face cards the 56 minor arcana (swords, cups, wands and pentacles). It is known as a game in some countries. I started with the Rider Deck at 12. I have switched over to oracle cards some time ago... Gendrom Tarot (Gypsy). Everyone who reads cards needs to feel a connection with their oracle whether it be fairies, mermaids, unicorns, god/ess, angels, elementals, guides or animals (etc). Oracle card decks provide insight and positive outlooks to people or more importantly guidance. It's not as dry and cut as the Tarot and oracle cards aren't used as card games but for fortune telling and personal readings. They are divinatory tarot cards and though may have the same concept as the tarot along with most major/minor arcana; oracle decks differ in the number of cards and meanings.

If you are looking to get experience the Rider Deck is intermediate and good first learning tool... stay away from the dark cards though they can be tempting... your not communicating with anything good. After some time you will find that you are attracted to a certain group of cards... pick them up but don't do this until you feel you are ready.

Hope that helped.
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Nov 15, 2008, 06:21 PM

Thanks for replying.. I'm still a little confused. I was told you can't use tarot cards on yourself, that someone else must do the reading for you, but you can use oracles on yourself? So oracles are fortune telling, and tarot is communicating with spirits, other worlds etc?
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Nov 16, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I don't know who told you that... you can do it on yourself just be clear on your intentions of what your asking. See tarot cards just give you the answer but oracle cards give you guidance as well. So if you are seeking answers to your questions as long as you have clear intent I don't see why not. Here is an example... before I found out I was pregnant... I had a feeling I was but all the tests came up negative so I consoled with my cards. I asked the cards if I was pregnant and a clear yes came thorough... then I asked what month the baby would come and the Aquarius card came up... then I asked what year and nine of pentacles came up... sure enough I was pregnant and my due date is February 17, 2009. You can seek guidance from your cards everyday but flipping one card up from the deck and it will give you your focus for the day. You can also read other people without them being present as long as you have something of theirs or better yet a picture... just always ensure that you have a clear question and your intent is clear. Tarot is more of a game but oracle cards are much more accurate and spiritual. I honestly encourage the Rider Deck for now until you feel comfortable reading without the instructions... after some time there will be another deck (oracle) deck that will attract you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tarot cards. [ 24 Answers ]

I do tarot cards. Does anyone believe in them? Because I do. I was just wondering what someone thought of them. :)

Tarot cards? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you read tarot cards?

Tarot reading [ 3 Answers ]

So.. I am not sure if this is were I would ask but oh well. I was wondering if any one could tell me how to properly do a tarot reading. I just started and the book I have doesn't really help. I know what each card means I just don't know how to set up and such. Thanks

Tarot cards [ 6 Answers ]

So I've been reading up on tarot cards as it just came to interest me. Some people are telling me they are evil. What are your opinions? I don't believe they are evil, but some of my family does. And are they really a form of witchcraft? I don't believe that either. I did a reading on my mom and it...

View more questions Search