Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Nov 15, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr View Post
    Excuse me, but have your forgotten or just ignored the fact that when Obama lets the Bush tax cuts expire, it will be the largest tax increase in the history of this Nation?

Oh yeah, he said he wouldn't "raise" taxes, he just forgot to mention this small, insignificant fact, didn't he?
    You mean the tax cuts (loop holes) put into place for the wealthy and corps? The ones that were supposed to trickle down? The ones that keep taxes down but national debt up? Republicans don't tax, they borrow. They have to get the money somewhere because they don't cut spending.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 08:13 PM

Bush is a republican, in name only, but he did CUT taxes.

And the new President, is going to allow those "republican" tax cuts to expire.

ANYONE who pays income tax, will be paying more, not getting any "tax cuts", period.

The real "tax cuts" from Obama will be in the form if welfare checks to people who don't pay any income taxes to begin with.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So if you lose your guns, we lose our freedom?
    That my young friend is the most factual statement I've ever seen posted by you.

Good job!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 08:37 PM
    That my young friend is the most factual statement I've ever seen posted by you.

Good job!
    I don't believe it. Bush has already taken away several of our freedoms. Losing guns is the least of my worries. What could you possibly do WITH guns? Shoot all the feds? (Must be why my NRA husband is saving water in old pop bottles.)

Nov 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Bush is a republican, in name only, but he did CUT taxes.

And the new President, is going to allow those "republican" tax cuts to expire.

ANYONE who pays income tax, will be paying more, not getting any "tax cuts", period.

The real "tax cuts" from Obama will be in the form if welfare checks to people who don't pay any income taxes to begin with.
    Oh pro gun, pro gun...
    You sound so bitter. I am not expecting tax CUTS, I'm also not expecting a tax increase.
    When did Obama say we will all be paying more taxes so that more people can be on welfare? I think you assume a lot.

Nov 15, 2008, 10:18 PM
    Many good men, and women, have died, fighting to their last breath, so that you can enjoy your "easy going, fair minded, peace loving" life.

If enough Americans adopt your attitude, there won't be enough to keep fighting for the freedom and peace you now enjoy.

That, is what scares me about folks like you.

As for names, Charles Schumer and James Bradley come to mind without much thought.

You probably didn't know that several liberal politicians have tried to enact legislation to abolish the second amendment, did you?
    What does my temperament have to do with fighting for freedom and peace/ Who am I supposed to be gearing up to fight. My own gov? I don't see the need. Especially now with an incoming Pres. With a cool head, common sense, a brilliant mind, and a willingness to listen to repubs and demos. AKA fair minded.;)

And don't think for a minute that I don't bow down to and honor every man or woman that has fought for the freedoms we enjoy in this country. They all hold a very special place in my heart that will forever be greatfull.

You sound like I should be in fight mode at all times. Like I need to stock pile my weapons just in case I feel the need to rebel against my own country. We have a very powerful weapon already, it's called "my vote". Another weapon we have, "terms".;)
    lrgarrett Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 10:41 PM

We are already in a acute depression now... what do you mean Obama will speed us in depression? If anything... he will be the change that we will all need.

Nov 15, 2008, 11:23 PM
    As for names, Charles Schumer and James Bradley come to mind without much thought.

You probably didn't know that several liberal politicians have tried to enact legislation to abolish the second amendment, did you?

[/QUOTE]
    I don't get it. I'm trying, I promise but I just don't get what you are so riled up about.
    You names Charles Schumer and James Bradley.

Schumer He is big on the fight against crime. Yes, he did sponcer legislature. That increased penalties for arson in houses of worship. Why would anyone need arsons in a house of worship? I don't even know why that was an issue. What kind of houses of worship could this be. The church of the Hatfields and McCoys?

In 1994 he authored the omnibus crime bill which put 100,000 new policemen on the street.
    This should help ease some of your fears concerning the "only criminals will have guns" argument. He enforced the 3 strikes, your out sentenceing. Another step in reducing those gun happy criminals.
    He created an afterschool program for troubled teens. Yet another step in fighting potential gun slinging criminals.
    He is a sponsor of the Brady Bill. Do you think just any old idiot should be able to walk in a gun shop and get these deadly things? Tell me the down side of the Brady Bill please.
    He co-wrote the Assault Weapons Ban which outlaws the manufacturing of 19 types of semi-automatic weapons. Tell me why anyone would need an Uzi or an AK-47. I would be willing to believe that if a person requires one of these, they are up to no good. I would love for you to answer this.
    And then there is the Project Excile Program that enforces strict sentencing guidelines for illegal gun possession. Illegal gun possession falls under the title of "criminal" and wouldn't you WANT there to be strict guidelines for criminals with guns?
    Not once have I seen anything about him confiscating your gun. If you would point that out, I'd appreciate it.

Now, for James Bradley. You mean the author? The guy that wrote Flags Of Our Fathers and Flyboys. I've never heard or read that he wanted to confiscate your guns. Please tell me where to find that.

Now, tell me which polititions want to abolish the 2nd amendment because I disagree with them. I am a REASONABLE person and am not trying to outlaw guns, just see that they are in qualified worthy hands and enforce keeping them out of unqualified hands. Are you a reasonable person? Also any reasonable person has no need for machine guns... or do they? You tell me:eek:.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 15, 2008, 11:28 PM

But what if the coppers try to bust into my meth lab!!
    Where would I be without my AK? ;)

Nov 15, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    But what if the coppers try to bust into my meth lab!!!
    Where would I be without my AK? ;)
    Well, you do have a point there:D

Nov 15, 2008, 11:35 PM

Xactly, I can't afford to get a different gun! I HAVE to have a automatic! It's soooo much easier to just mow people over with them.
    Ok OK, I'm done being sarcastic for the day :)

Nov 15, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    xactly, I can't afford to get a different gun! I HAVE to have a automatic! It's soooo much easier to just mow people over with them.
    Ok ok, I'm done being sarcastic for the day :)
    Saves time too. You don't have to do all that pesky reloading.

Nov 15, 2008, 11:57 PM

I know! Great minds think alike, eh?
    TAYBAYBAY135 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 01:02 AM

Personally I was not for Obama. He discussed 'Joe the Plumber' more than what he intended for the United States. Granted I knew that this was a metaphor but still. I am not saying that McCain was the best candidate either. But even if I was of age to vote, I would not have. I do not wish to cause turmoil but I do not think that either Obama or McCain were qualified for Presidency but the best of luck anyway.

Nov 16, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TAYBAYBAY135 View Post
    Personally I was not for Obama. He discussed 'Joe the Plumber' more than what he intended for the United States. Granted I knew that this was a metaphor but still. I am not saying that McCain was the best candidate either. But even if I was of age to vote, I would not have. I do not wish to cause turmoil but I do not think that either Obama or McCain were qualified for Presidency but the best of luck anyways.
    'm just curious. Since you don't think either man is qualified I wondered who you did think was qualified. Do you have someone in mind> Personally, I had wished that Colin Powell had run a few years ago. He didn't because his wife did not want him or the family to go through the hell we put our candidates through. This year I got lucky. I got the next best thing. A man with the endorsement of Powell. And they are not even members of the same party so that is really quite an endorsement!:)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Personally I was not for Obama. He discussed 'Joe the Plumber' more than what he intended for the United States.
    Hmmm, I thought McCain brought up Joe the plumber too much and even had him campaign with him, what was that all about? Obama didn't do that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Personally I was not for Obama. He discussed 'Joe the Plumber' more than what he intended for the United States.
    Joe the Plumber was MCCAIN's talking point, not Obama's.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Personally I was not for Obama. He discussed 'Joe the Plumber' more than what he intended for the United States. Granted I knew that this was a metaphor but still. I am not saying that McCain was the best candidate either. But even if I was of age to vote, I would not have. I do not wish to cause turmoil but I do not think that either Obama or McCain were qualified for Presidency but the best of luck anyways.
    Hi Taybaybay135 - I hope your not serious about not voting. I agree with you that neither candidate was my ideal candidate - but that is often the case, so you have to weigh the issues and make an educated choice for who BEST represents your ideals. Hundreds of thousands of people have died for our right to participate in the democratic process.

Nov 20, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonKG View Post
    Well done to Barack Obama and congratulations to the American's who voted for him!

I really think the whole 'first black US President' thing has been slightly overused though. Why make a big deal out of it when it doesnt matter in the first place? Anyway, i like his persona and as the two posts above say, i really hope he can deliver not just for America but for the world.

I also hope we (the British) follow America's lead and elect a prime minister who is not dull, boring and characterless.
    First and foremost I voted for "the Man" In that respect, you are right, it doesn't matter.

The bid deal is that he just happens to be black too. In the US blacks have been oppressed for over 200 years. There has been a s-l-o-o-o-o-w uphill climb for equal treatment. I am white and I feel ashamed of my forefathers. Finally, they are making their mark as equals. It's not business as usual that a black man is the leader of this country and that is why you see it as overused. You are fortunate that this is not an issue in your country.

Nov 20, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    [/B]
    I don't get it. I'm trying, I promise but I just don't get what you are so riled up about.
    You names Charles Schumer and James Bradley.

Schumer He is big on the fight against crime. Yes, he did sponcer legislature. That increased penalties for arson in houses of worship. Why would anyone need arsons in a house of worship? I don't even know why that was an issue. What kind of houses of worship could this be. The church of the Hatfields and McCoys?

In 1994 he authored the omnibus crime bill which put 100,000 new policemen on the street.
    This should help ease some of your fears concerning the "only criminals will have guns" argument. He enforced the 3 strikes, your out sentenceing. Another step in reducing those gun happy criminals.
    He created an afterschool program for troubled teens. Yet another step in fighting potential gun slinging criminals.
    He is a sponsor of the Brady Bill. Do you think just any old idiot should be able to walk in a gun shop and get these deadly things? Tell me the down side of the Brady Bill please.
    He co-wrote the Assault Weapons Ban which outlaws the manufacturing of 19 types of
    Semi-automatic weapons. Tell me why anyone would need an Uzi or an AK-47. I would be willing to believe that if a person requires one of these, they are up to no good. I would love for you to answer this.
    And then there is the Project Excile Program that enforces strict sentencing guidelines for illegal gun possession. Illegal gun possession falls under the title of "criminal" and wouldn't you WANT there to be strict guidelines for criminals with guns?
    Not once have I seen anything about him confiscating your gun. If you would point that out, I'd appreciate it.

Now, for James Bradley. You mean the author? The guy that wrote Flags Of Our Fathers and Flyboys. I've never heard or read that he wanted to confiscate your guns. Please tell me where to find that.

Now, tell me which polititions want to abolish the 2nd amendment because I disagree with them. I am a REASONABLE person and am not trying to outlaw guns, just see that they are in qualified worthy hands and enforce keeping them out of unqualified hands. Are you a reasonable person? Also any reasonable person has no need for machine guns... or do they? You tell me:eek:.[/QUOTE]

Hey progun, I have been curious about your input on this Charles Schumer and James Bradley thing. Did I get the right James Bradley? Is there something about Schumer that I got wrong. I'd appreciate your feedback.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Obama legally be president? [ 40 Answers ]

This came in as an email. Is there a constitutional lawyer out there who can tell us if the law quoted below is authentic or not? CAN OBAMA LEGALLY BE PRESIDENT? It seems that Barack Obama is not qualified to be president after all for the following reason: Barack Obama is not legally a...

President Obama [ 23 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. Looks to me like he's unstoppable. Even the Fox guys were knocked out by his speech. He summed it up in one word, "enough!". excon

The next president Obama [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys what do you think about Obama being the next president? Do you think he's the Anti Christ? The Bible does talk about Israel being wiped of the map! :eek:

Best president [ 20 Answers ]

Who gets your vote as the best U.S. president during the past 50 years? Why?

View more questions Search