Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MELoo View Post
    it takes more like me to make a difference. I do my part little by little, but others need to chip in as well.
    That's going to happen. You are going to be asked -- in fact, Obama has already asked each one of us -- to help make a difference. He's even going to include esteemed Republicans in his cabinet and as advisors.
    MELoo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    That's going to happen. You are going to be asked -- in fact, Obama has already asked each one of us -- to help make a difference. He's even going to include esteemed Republicans in his cabinet and as advisors.
    I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust ANYone in the political office anymore than I can throw 'um. He has to prove himself worthy and then MAYBE I'll believe him
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MELoo View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust ANYone in the political office anymore than I can throw 'um. He has to prove himself worthy and then MAYBE I'll believe him
    It's already happening. Join the fun!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 15, 2008, 05:34 PM

By "spreading the wealth" and getting taxed more :(:rolleyes:;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    By "spreading the wealth" and getting taxed more
    Obama isn't doing that. Nor will he. You are going to be soooooooooooo surprised.

Nov 15, 2008, 05:49 PM

http://www.atr.org/content/pdf/2008/...n%20Matrix.pdf

Top personal rate INCREASE by 4.6%

Capital gains INCREASE by 5%

Small business employer rate INCREASE by up to 16.9%

NO repeal of the AMT.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 05:54 PM

Now, post stats that aren't biased.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 05:54 PM

I will be impressed by Obama when I see how he reacts to Canadian issues and recognizes the free trade agreement. and the softwood lumber issue and oh, yes, how he reacts to the Quebec separation issue. That will be interesting. Otherwise, I rather like him.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    lol that is SO funny. You would think that wouldn't you? Stock piling guns...scares the ba-jee-bies out of me. Gun lovers make me nervous.:eek:
    No.

Not a civil war, a second American Revolution, is the most likely to occur if this President is able to do just half of what he said he would.

If we, the law abiding patriots of America scare you, how do you feel about all the criminals that have more guns than we do?

We pass our background checks, wait out our waiting period, and get our guns.

The government knows who we all are, where we all live, and exactly how many guns we have.

If and when the government "tries" to confiscate them, they know exactly where to look.

Then, only the criminals will be armed.

That, along with folks like you, scare the hell out of me!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr View Post
    if this President is able to do just half of what he said he would.
    And do you really know what he has said so far?

Nov 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Now, post stats that aren't biased.
    http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/taxes...Plan_FINAL.pdf

Under estate tax and capital gains taxes - exactly the same as

How is that "biased?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 07:22 PM
    http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/taxes...Plan_FINAL.pdf

under estate tax and capital gains taxes - exactly the same as

How is that "biased?"
    Do me a hugh favor and clean your glasses, then compare the two again.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Nov 15, 2008, 07:28 PM
    By "spreading the wealth" and getting taxed more :(:rolleyes:;)
    Are you saying you make 250 thousand or more a year. If you don't , you will not be taxed more. If you do, then anything over 250/yr will be taxed an additional 3%.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Are you saying you make 250 thousand or more a year. If you don't , you will not be taxed more. If you do, then anything over 250/yr will be taxed an additional 3%.
    Excuse me, but have your forgotten or just ignored the fact that when Obama lets the Bush tax cuts expire, it will be the largest tax increase in the history of this Nation?

Oh yeah, he said he wouldn't "raise" taxes, he just forgot to mention this small, insignificant fact, didn't he?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Excuse me, but have your forgotten or just ignored the fact that when Obama lets the Bush tax cuts expire, it will be the largest tax increase in the history of this Nation?
    Do you really think he is that stupid, that he missed noting that bump that would occur?
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Do you really think he is that stupid, that he missed noting that bump that would occur?
    Of course he's not stupid, he fooled over half of the American population.

"bump"?

How cute, nice how you try to minimize the effect this increase will have on EVERY American, that pays income tax that is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Of course he's not stupid, he fooled over half of the American population.

"bump"?

How cute, nice how you try to minimize the effect this increase will have on EVERY American, that pays income tax that is.
    I see you don't understand verb forms. I said "would," not "will." There will be no bump under Obama.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Nov 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
    No.

Not a civil war, a second American Revolution, is the most likely to occur if this President is able to do just half of what he said he would.

If we, the law abiding patriots of America scare you, how do you feel about all the criminals that have more guns than we do?

We pass our background checks, wait out our waiting period, and get our guns.

The government knows who we all are, where we all live, and exactly how many guns we have.

If and when the government "tries" to confiscate them, they know exactly where to look.

Then, only the criminals will be armed.

That, along with folks like you, scare the hell out of me!!!

You can buy guns till the cows come home if that is what makes you happy. All you got to do is adhere to a few REASONABLE requirements put into place for the safety of all of us. How does that hurt you? Tell me who said they were going to confiscate your guns. What makes you think that?
    Did I miss something? Names please.

ME, and folks like me should be the LAST people you should be afraid of. Non violent, easy going, fair minded, peace loving, what's to fear?
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 08:03 PM
    You can buy guns till the cows come home if that is what makes you happy. All you gotta do is adhere to a few REASONABLE requirements put into place for the safety of all of us. How does that hurt you? Tell me who said they were going to confiscate your guns. What makes you think that?
    Did I miss something? Names please.

ME, and folks like me should be the LAST people you should be afraid of. Non violent, easy going, fair minded, peace loving, what's to fear?
    Many good men, and women, have died, fighting to their last breath, so that you can enjoy your "easy going, fair minded, peace loving" life.

If enough Americans adopt your attitude, there won't be enough to keep fighting for the freedom and peace you now enjoy.

That, is what scares me about folks like you.

As for names, Charles Schumer and James Bradley come to mind without much thought.

You probably didn't know that several liberal politicians have tried to enact legislation to abolish the second amendment, did you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Many good men, and women, have died, fighting to their last breath, so that you can enjoy your "easy going, fair minded, peace loving" life.

If enough Americans adopt your attitude, there won't be enough to keep fighting for the freedom and peace you now enjoy.

That, is what scares me about folks like you.

As for names, Charles Schumer and James Bradley come to mind without much thought.

You probably didn't know that several liberal politicians have tried to enact legislation to abolish the second amendment, did you?
    So if you lose your guns, we lose our freedom?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Obama legally be president? [ 40 Answers ]

This came in as an email. Is there a constitutional lawyer out there who can tell us if the law quoted below is authentic or not? CAN OBAMA LEGALLY BE PRESIDENT? It seems that Barack Obama is not qualified to be president after all for the following reason: Barack Obama is not legally a...

President Obama [ 23 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. Looks to me like he's unstoppable. Even the Fox guys were knocked out by his speech. He summed it up in one word, "enough!". excon

The next president Obama [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys what do you think about Obama being the next president? Do you think he's the Anti Christ? The Bible does talk about Israel being wiped of the map! :eek:

Best president [ 20 Answers ]

Who gets your vote as the best U.S. president during the past 50 years? Why?

View more questions Search