Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 4, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Congratulations Americans.
    Today, I watched the american presidential election on television, from my home in Western Australia. Due too much of my adult life being during the bush years, I never really appreciated the beauty and goodness of the american people, until today.
    Watching the two amazing speeches, one of an amazingly gracious nature, offering support and friendship, and promising to get behind the peoples decisions and work at them, instead of remaining a political enemy, and the other of such amazing hope and patriotism and beauty, from a spectacular orater such as I have not seen on my television screen in my lifetime. The tears and cheering of the people I witnessed, and the words that I saw spoken, have instilled in me a great admiration and affection for america and its people, as a whole and United Nation. I was always skeptical about America's worthyness to hold such great power, but today I have been given great hope about a modern nations ability to fulfill the great responsibililty that comes with such great wealth and importance. I now have faith that the american people and their leaders will try their best to make the right decisions not only in america, but in their relations with the rest of the world. I feel truly proud that we Australians have such a great ally, and am filled with nothing but hope for the future, as this has inspired me greatly not just about the ability of the american people to effect change, but also that that great example can be followed world wide.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 12:47 AM

You'll get over it. We'll get over it. It's just a Hollywood production of the highest order.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 01:05 AM

CAL,

Thank you so much for your beautiful words.
    I too, am so proud of my Country today and may this event transpire in good and wonderful things world wide.

I thank you so very much again.

Hugs to you,
    Allheart
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Hello Cal:

Thanks. We did good, didn't we?

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Yes, ex, yes you did. :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 07:01 AM

I too was surprise by the people spirit of this election. I standed in lines for almost 2 hours but the harmony was great. Nobody complained about standing in line, everyone was upbeat. I took my daughter with me to vote so she can witness everything for herself because even she was into the election.

After work me and family went to Times Square in New York to wait for Obama to win and when he did it was great. I even admired McCain for his kind words and in my heart believe every word he said. When Obama won everyone was crying but happy and hugs was given to anyone near you. We didn't get home until almost 1am but I was too happy to even sleep.

Even though it was already said, thank you for your kind words and I am happy to hear that your view on Americans change.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Cal:

Thanks. We did good, didn't we?

excon
    Third time's a charm ;)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 07:21 AM

Here's to change.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 02:37 PM

Thank you for your kind words.

:):):)
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 02:55 PM

Now the real hard work begins. I'm glad he won but am skeptical about his or anyone's ability to fix the current mess anytime soon. He is in for a tough 4 years.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 5, 2008, 10:19 PM

As a 40 plus, first generation American [- ethnic background ], I've always been proud of America - warts and all, regardless of who is president.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 5, 2008, 10:56 PM

Thanks Cal, I just hope as many people here in the US were as moved as you. I know I was :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Congratulations Rockers [ 1 Answers ]

Good Afternoon to All, I have not posted here at all, but read a lot of the mails, questions & answers going around. I have been amazed at how similar a lot of problems were & worried at how it looks as if these kind of things never seem to change with the times. Because I am a independable...

HUGE Congratulations - ScottGem [ 20 Answers ]

Our very own Computer Expert, ScottGem has been made Microsoft Access MVP 2007. Way to go Scott, been along time coming, but I'm glad Microsoft has seen sense and given you this amazing award. For those of you that don't know what an MVP is here's more information!! Microsoft Most...

ALI G (Borat to you Americans) [ 3 Answers ]

I think he is hilarious been from the U.K its quality. Should watch some of the YouTube vids YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. And this one is him with some NBA players lol classic!! YouTube - Ali G & the NBA (extended version)

Congratulations Scott! [ 16 Answers ]

I just want to congratulate ScottGem on being a newly published author! ;) It is nice to have such a high level of professionalism on Ask Me Help Desk. We are very lucky. InformIT: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA - $31.99

Congratulations Florida Gators! & new script Ohio [ 15 Answers ]

Boy they sure ruled the field. The Bucks looked like High Schoolers. Wow! Now I'll have to re-train my snake to heel at his new name :p

View more questions Search