Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    workhorse Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Magic Chef Refrigerator
    Hello all, I run an apartment complex's maintenance department with 250 units. I've been doing this for a few years and before that I was in the hvac and appliance repair business.

I have a problem that is popping up in several of these refrigerators that I have not figured out. I have called for help in the past and no one has been able to give a solution to the problem.

The unit will run normal in all ways with the temperature running normal. The refrigerator will start leaking on the inside to the point of it seeping out the door. I have checked the drain and it is good, the gaskets are fine, no cracks are found, air flow is good. The water seems to gather around the drain opening and drip to the bottom. The model number is CTF1921ARW and the units were manufactured in 1997.

Does anyone have an idea on the repair or have they ran across this before. Thanks in advance for the help.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jun 12, 2006, 04:58 PM
    Is the water at the top of the refridge compartment and is dripping down? I have run into this (I am a maintenance tech) and two things I have found is that if the temp is set too high it will frost up the evap more than is normal and when it goes into defrost there is more condensation (or melted frost) than the unit is designed for. The other thing is the defrost timer may not be manufacturers spec and is going on every 8 hours instead of every 6 (or the defrost thermostat is 60* not 50* so it's melting more frost). This is a common mistake, where you have a dozen defrost thermostats of one model number and try to install them in every fridge.
    workhorse Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2006, 05:28 PM
    Thanks Shunned, I'll check the manufactures specs and see about the timer and t stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big Magic [ 7 Answers ]

:( Over the years I have seen the space shuttle and planes vanish live on TV.I have been told the people in the audience did not see the plane or shuttle vanish. The plane and shuttle did not vanish.The people were told to act as if it had vanished. Does anyone feel this is what happens on TV?...

Chef [ 4 Answers ]

What is the name of the 2nd in command in the kitchen of a restraurant?

Magic chef electric dryer thermal cutoff [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Magic Chef electric dryer model # YE/YG225LV, the dryer runs but doesn't heat up. I had this problem before and the part # 279769 was replaced by my dad last year and that solved the problem. My dad recently has passed away, and I want to know how to replace this part again, and...

Magic Eye [ 1 Answers ]

For my art subject, I want to create a magic eye where you can see a logo I have designed. Does anybody know where I can download a magic eye creator that lets you incorperate your own designs into the magic eye?

Magic Chef Dryer shuts off [ 10 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I have a Magic Chef dryer model #YE205KW. Recently, it stopped heating with no other problems. I replaced the high limit thermostat and the thermal fuse. It worked fine with the first load or two and now it shuts off after a few minutes of drying time. After a few minutes later,...

View more questions Search