Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bodmerj Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Moving out do I have to pay my last months rent, if I paid it in my sec. dep?
    I'm moving out of my apartment Dec 1st and I want to know, if I paid my last months rent when I paid my security deposit, does it mean I don't have to pay rent for the last month that I'm living here. I gave my 30 day notice, and it was my choice to move out. Please advise.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 12:28 AM

If you have already given the landlord payment for the last month, November, then you have paid until November 30. Check your rental/lease agreement for exceptions.
    bodmerj Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 08:28 AM
    I was going to pay November's rent today. I just wanted to know should I pay? Even though I paid it in my deposit?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2008, 09:26 AM

It depends on what you paid. If you paid 1st, last AND deposit, then no, you don't have to pay November's. But if you just paid security then no. While the landlord can choose to apply security towards unpaid rental, the tenant can't decide to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never paid rent roommate [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing for a friend that is in the hospital. My friend allowed a person to stay for a few weeks with her in 2003. It is 2008 and the lady is still there in the apartment and does not (nor has she ever) pay rent. She is not on the lease and she is an illegal alien from Canada. How can my...

Co-Tenant Hasn't Paid Rent in Months - Need to collect money and evict [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I reside in Virginia. My roommate (co-tenant) has not paid their half of the rent/utilities for months now due to personal situations, but the matter seems like it is not going to resolve. How do I go about evicting my roommate and collecting the rent money owed to me? I have...

Pay Mortgage in one state, pay rent in the state I work in. Can I deduct rent paid? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to NY from California in late July of '07 to start a new job. My wife was originally going to move out with me, but has been unable to gain employement in NY. The new plan is for me to move back to CA in the next couple of months. We own a home in CA for which we pay a mortgage, and I pay...

Being evicted but I paid rent [ 2 Answers ]

My lanlord is taking me to court to evicte me for August rent but she filled the eviction papers on July 19th. I'm wondering if she is able to do that. I paid all of julys rent but late and also paid the late fee, today when I got the eviction papers they are for 400 dollars more than my rent even...

View more questions Search