Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josuac Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2006, 05:08 AM
    Shower installation
    Hi There

New here.Can anybody help me with step by step installation
    Of a shower (meaning heights from trap to pan).

Thanks Guys
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 12, 2006, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by josuac
    Hi There

New here.Can anybody help me with step by step installation
    of a shower (meaning heights from trap to pan).

Thanks Guys
    The average shower installation will run from the shower floor up to the center of the shower valve, 48 inches. From the shower floor up to the center of a drop eared ell it's 72 inches or 24 inches from the center of the shower valve. From trap to pan varies according to the depth if the shower drain pipe. Is this what you wished to know? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Drain Installation [ 3 Answers ]

As part of a remodeling effort, we are having a tiled shower built in our guest bathroom. We had a plumber come out to run the water and drain lines. He installed the drain. Last night I noticed that the hole he cut in the plywood sub flooring is quite a bit larger than the drain, so that...

Old shower pan installation [ 3 Answers ]

About a year ago I removed the shower pan from my bathroom upstairs and replaced it with a new one. The gasket around the drain pipe was rubber that I had to drill through a number of times in order to remove . It appeared to have been something that was originally a liquid poured in and then...

Shower installation [ 3 Answers ]

My basement has been roughed in for a bathroom and I am trying to figure out how to install the shower base. The shower that I bought slopes down toward the drain hole and sits flush with the concrete at the drain hole. So in order to have room to attach the shower drain to the 2" pipe coming out...

Shower stall installation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement which has the plumbing for a bathroom roughed-in. Since the drain pipe for the shower is in concrete it cannot be moved.. I am worried about framing around it. Is framing a shower any different then framing a door or window... just get rough opening? If the shower...

Tub/Shower Stall Installation [ 2 Answers ]

For new construction, should the plumbing for spigut, faucet handle, and shower head be installed before placing the tub/shower stall in place or after? Or doesn't it matter? Thanks

View more questions Search