Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beagledauchsand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Dog won't eat dogfood
    I have a Beagle Dachshund mix and we adopted him a couple of months ago, He seemed to be doing great but he would not eat regular dog food. I then started mixing Beniful and mightydog canned food together and he loved it but now its like he is sick of that and won't eat again. I have been mixing things all the time in his dry Beniful food but he picks it out.
    What should I do?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 3, 2008, 11:52 AM

Do you take him on a good walk or run before you feed him? That should be done on a daily basis anyway, but I find after a good walk your dog will come back and want to eat after he burns his excess energy.

You could also try boiling a skinless chicken breast, cutting it into very small pieces, and mixing that with his beneful. He will have to eat some of the beneful to get to the chicken bits.

Good luck!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Check the sticky at the top of the page. It has an extensive discussion of the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

Hills Scientific Plan Sensitive Skin dogfood [ 13 Answers ]

My dog, an English Bulldog, suffers from excessive hair loss. I've got her on the Hills Scientific Plan Sensitive Skin dogfood which does not seem to help. What alternative dogfood can I look at?

New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that...

Diamond dogfood recall WARNING! [ 4 Answers ]

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST FAR AND WIDE Subject: DIAMOND Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:23:45 EST You may think the Diamond food scare is over, or that only a limited amount of product is involved. Not so. On Monday, March 6 - after 3 feedings of Diamond's Premium Edge Chicken, Rice and Vegetables...

View more questions Search