Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShannonTuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Traped and brooken
    Ok so i need help. I got married to my husband at 18 years old. But right after the marrige, my husband began to cheat on me with friends and foos. I found out and he left me and our unborn child but did not tell me he was not coming back. It has been six years now that i have even heard or seen this man. I have no job and no money looking to be devoricd so that i may marry the man i am with now. How would i go about doing this in the cook county areah of chicago illinois. Please help, my heart has been broken for to long and it is my time now. Thank you.

Shannon M. Tuck :mad::confused:

***** Email edited out FC***
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 3, 2008, 08:27 PM
    You would need to file for divorce in your state of residency. If you don't know where he is, you would need to place a Notice of Publication in your local newspaper for 30 days. This will be considered as "serving him". Take proof of this notice to the court along with your divorce papers. If he does not respond to the notice, then the divorce will most likely be granted by default.

Depending on your state you may have to wait a small amount of time before remarrying, you'll need to check that before you marry your fiancé to be sure that you can do it legally.

Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 09:42 PM

Well first if you know where he is, he will have to be perosnally served, and you may have to attempt to find him, where is his mother or father, do you know where his brother is at, and so on.

But you will need an attorney.
    At the same time you need to turn him over to child support enforcement and get child support enforced, and if there isno support order, get a support order issued

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horror/comedy color dead car big house traped grave/junkyard [ 4 Answers ]

Car dies & they walk for help. Find big victorian? House, ask for phone & enter. Strangeness ensuses they can't leave. Meanwhile outside there are strange scenes in a junk/graveyard with deformed/degenerate humans. House has organ, lots of books, a master/judge. An attic scene then a slide down...

I feel traped [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going out with this guy from my neihgbourhood and at first I didn't like this guy at all cause he's my ex boyfriends friend, but now I have to say I'm really starting to like him despite the fact that he's my ex boyfriendss friend. Thing is , I still have feelings for my ex and I'm afraid it's...

View more questions Search