Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeyerJRBL Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 10:59 PM
    First Flush of Toilet does NOT work right BUT second flush works great?
    We have 2 toilets and both have the same problem. The first flush does NOT work right and will NOT flush completely, water rises and then goes back down. The second flash works GREAT? We have plunged and clean out all blow or jet holes NOthiNG is plugged? Short of double water bills and the embarrassment with other people coming to our house and having to tell them to flush 2 times!! Please HELP us!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 3, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Are your toilets the newer 1.6 gallon tank toilets or are they older? How much older?
    Did this just start with both or has it been like this since day bone. Give me history and more details. Regards, Tom

Nov 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
    2 Toilets and BOTH take 2 flushes to work right
    More Details for Speedball1
    One Toilet is old and one toilet is new. They BOTH act the same FIRST FLUSH NO GOOD Second FLUSH Great?:rolleyes:
    I have put drain cleaners in both and STILL BOTH TAKE 2 FLUSHES to work right?
    We have 2 toilets and both have the same problem. The first flush does NOT work right and will NOT flush completely, water rises and then goes back down. The second flash works GREAT? We have plunged and clean out all blow or jet holes NOTHING is plugged? Short of double water bills and the embarrassment with other people coming to our house and having to tell them to flush 2 times!! Please HELP us!! :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 5, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Any bubbles or gurgles in the toilets when flushed? Are you sure the water level in both tanks are 1/2 inch under the white overflow tube when the tank's filled? When you flush does the bowl fill up, swirl around a and slowly go down leaving TP and solids behind? How about the older toilet. When did it start bto act up? AT the same time the new one did? I really need all the details, (even the little ones) that you can give me. Regards, Tom

Nov 5, 2008, 02:21 PM
    2 Toilets 2 Flushes Extra info for Speedball1
    EXTRA More Details for Speedball1

No bubbles or gurgles when flushed. YES both toilets are 1/2 inch below overflow tank fill tub. FIRST FLUSH WILL FILL BOWL AND THEN SWIRL AROUND AND GO DOWN SLOWLY. Second flush works great!
    Older toilet started to act up first and it is end of the plumming line after about a month second toilet started doing the same thing BUT NOT ALL THE TIME, just some times for the second toilet. We have put a snake auger down old toilet thinking it is something built up between the line? Short of sending a camera down the line is our next thought?
    IF YOU HAVE ANY HELPFUL IDEAS THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!
    One Toilet is old and one toilet is new. They BOTH act the same FIRST FLUSH NO GOOD Second FLUSH Great?
    I have put drain cleaners in both and STILL BOTH TAKE 2 FLUSHES to work right?
    We have 2 toilets and both have the same problem. The first flush does NOT work right and will NOT flush completely, water rises and then goes back down. The second flash works GREAT? We have plunged and clean out all blow or jet holes NOTHING is plugged? Short of double water bills and the embarrassment with other people coming to our house and having to tell them to flush 2 times!! Please HELP us!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet Won't Flush [ 2 Answers ]

My tolite won't flush at the moment there is like a wee metal hook that seems to have fallen off were do I need to conect this to? I no that one part is suppost to connect to the chain but were does the other part go?

Toilet sometimes won't flush [ 1 Answers ]

We have a toilet that will only fully flush about every other time. I have to use the plunger every time it clogs and then is seems to drain fine. Should we roto router it?

Can't get syphon flush to work. Very weak flush resulting [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced a syphon type flush mechanism in a toilet cistern. I fillet up the cistern with water and tried to flush the toilet. I get a very weak flush with a lot of gurgling noises. I can't seem to get a proper syphon effect. Any suggestions as to how I might to get a proper flush? Ball valve...

Toilet flush [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I flush my toiet cistern, it makes a load groaning noise sounds like there is an airlock. This can be stopped by turning the cold tap on full in the kitchen. How do I stop this problem?? I live in a flat if this makes a difference. Many thanks

View more questions Search