Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricdog8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Car trouble
    I have an 89 oldmobile cutlass siarre 4 door my problem is that my car keeps cutting off on me while I am driving it does not have 100,000 miles yet it under that. This problem just started and it has gotten worst I went to the mechanic and change the oil filter, and the oil pump still nothing now he says that it is a the fuel injector that needs to be change. I am asking before I go by a fuel injector if any body has the same problem. The car won't start without a struggle and it cuts of when you press gas.
    ricdog8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
    [QUOTE=ricdog8]I have an 89 oldmobile cutlass siarre 4 door my problem is that my car keeps cutting off on me while I am driving it does not have 100,000 miles yet it under that. This problem just started and it has gotten worst I went to the mechanic and change the oil filter, and the oil pump still nothing now he says that it is a the fuel injector that needs to be change. I am asking before I go by a fuel injector if any body has the same problem. The car won't start without a struggle and it cuts of when you press gas
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Jun 12, 2006, 09:16 AM
    Get a different mechanic. I'll tell you the most reliable parts on an engine: the oil pump and the injectors!

Jun 12, 2006, 09:24 AM
    On second thought, you may have meant fuel filter and fuel pump?

Are you getting any codes from the check engine? It could be that (if your car is equipped with a throttle body) and a single injector but I would get a second opinion.

After all, he screwed up with the pump and filter!

Jun 12, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Someone once told me they had similar problems with a faulty gas cap?

Jun 12, 2006, 09:40 AM
    Also chech the fuel, you may have gotten a shot of water. Add some methyl hydrate or similar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1988 hyundai pony with a problem... Every now and then I'll be driving along when suddenly it will start to "choke" and stall - as if it's got something in it's throat. It sounds and feels like one of the jets in the carb is blocking up as it only "chokes" on lower revs. If I leave...

My cat is in trouble [ 3 Answers ]

My cat has little black dots on his lip, and they are starting to appear on his nose, and in his eyelid (where humans put eyeliner on) but, its really bugging me. Is it normal? Can I treat it? What is it? Where did it come from.. please help me and my two year old kitty... thank you so much... ...

Boy trouble [ 5 Answers ]

There's these 2 boys who are best friends. I like both of them, but I like the other 1 better. The best friend is mad at me. I don't want to break there friendship up but I want the 1 boy to go out with me.What should I do? :confused:

Boy trouble [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks you guys! You were great help. I chose Michael, James is to immature, and I almost NEVER see Dylan! I'll be posting!

Having trouble getting over ex [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 17, and when I was 15 I started going out with this girl, who became my first love, and led me on a relationship that lasted a year and a half. Two months ago, we broke up because she's Seventh-Day Adventist, and I'm Catholic. For those of you who don't know, Seventh-Day Adventists are very...

View more questions Search