Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carryme1960 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Where to get financial assistance for lung cancer patient
    My sister was diagnosed with lung cancer in July of this year. I have looked everywhere to help her with rental assistance and daily living expences. Not much luck so far. She has applied for social security and medicade. I would think that it would be expidited in a situation like hers. She has a daughter that is 8 years old. I know my sister would like to work if she was not so ill,however at this time doctors do not give a long life expectancy. Does anyone know where to get the financial assistance I am working so hard to help her get. It just seems really hard.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 06:00 PM

Hi, carryme1960! Greetings and WELCOME to the site!

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister! You had posted your question in the Introductions area of this site. That's where people basically greet each other. I re-titled and moved your question to this forum in the hopes that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to advise you with what you're wanting to know.

It will get much better exposure here.

The first idea that comes to my mind is that would it be possible for you to have a fund-raising event for her?

Thanks!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 07:13 PM

She can apply for Public Assistance(Welfare) based on her being disabled and for her daughter under Aid to Dependent Children if they receive no support from the child's father and your sister's husband. In addition, there is a requirement for a minimum assets and insurance. They may apply for emergence Food Stamps.

Requirements for elegibility are based on individual state laws.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 01:32 AM

Hello carryme1960! Welcome to AMHD!

Sorry to hear about your sister.:(
    powerlearning Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
    My mother has a malignant cells (lung cancer) can anyone help me where to ask financial assistance in the philippines. She don't have Social security system. I don't have save money because am sending all to them. Am here in dubai. Can someone help me please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4th Stage Lung Cancer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there A very good friend of mine has told me that his Mother has 4th stage lung cancer - can anyone out there tell me what is the prediction on how long she has left in this world?? Thanks

Cancer Patient Tenant [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have a question with no one to help me. I have been leaving a rental apt for 1 1/2 yrs and I am living with my father who is a co-tenant. Well this past month the dr's told my father that he as terminal cancer and that he would only live approx 3 to 6 months tops. I oofered my landlord...

Could it be lung cancer? [ 5 Answers ]

Yesterday my dad was taken to hospital with the following symptoms. Shortness of breath terrible cough - lasting for the past 12 months Pain in middle of chest Hurts to breath Sore neck He had x-rays done and the Dr said his lungs are "not clear" he is having ultra sounds done today.

Stage 4 Lung Cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I am relatively new to this. I am 22 yrs old. My half-sister's father has today been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer that has spread from the lungs to the brain. I am finding it difficult to research the Internet for answers as to what this exactly means. And I am really concerned about my sister who...

View more questions Search