Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 2, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Maximum Prison Sentence?
    What is the maximum prison sentence for a consistent child abuser in the state of Pennsylvania?

If no one knows, what's an average?

Thank you!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 03:56 PM

The max is 25 years.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 04:26 PM

Hi, rawpotatoeater37!

I think that it would help to know here what kind of abuse it was and how it was labeled by the court to be able to help you the best here. Also, was it a felony or something less, please?

There are usually a number of different levels of abuse that are recognized by courts.

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2008, 05:13 PM

Well... Single mom with one boy. Abuse included occasional fasting, a few second degree burns, daily verbal abuse and beatings that average once a week. This happened over a number of years (and it got worse as the boy grew older). Eventually, when he 11, he was cut on the cheek with a knife. He then stabbed the mother in self-defense and ended up in the foster system.

Hope that helps!

P.S. - This is a FICTIONAL story. I feel like I should mention that.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Hello raw:

My fictional answer is that he'll be elected to congress.

excon
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 12:09 PM

Why are you requesting help with a fictional story?

If you are writing a book, or are just curious, I suggest you post this in a member discussion group and make everyone aware that this is not an actual problem tha requires quick attention.

Nov 3, 2008, 06:21 PM

Well who on earth would ask a question like this for real life? It would be horrible if I was a judge, jury member, lawyer or mother who had done this and was curious what she could end up doing.

I only posted this in the law section so that the most appropriately-interested and most enlightened individuals would be able to find and answer it. I'm sorry if I mislead people to believe that this 'required a quick attention'.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Hello again, raw:

I've been around a lot of child abusers. None of 'em ever were interested in the punishment they might receive.

This board is for people who need help - not for people who want to make a political statement.

excon
    Pets Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpotatoeater37 View Post
    Well who on earth would ask a question like this for real life?? It would be horrible if I was a judge, jury member, lawyer or mother who had done this and was curious what she could end up doing.

I only posted this in the law section so that the most appropriately-interested and most enlightened individuals would be able to find and answer it. I'm sorry if I mislead people to believe that this 'required a quick attention'.

You honestly don't think that we get real questions like this? Well, look around the site, you'll find them.

When I saw this post I jumped in because I thought that someone was in danger, or that someone needed serious advice. I didn't think that someone was just asking a hypothetical question that didn't require anyone's attention.

There are thousands of questions here, and we all volunteer to be on this site. I don't know about you, but when I take the time to read someone's post and it turns out to be a ficitonal story, well, I get a bit mad that they wasted my time when I could have been helping someone with a real problem.

Feel free to post fictional tales, but post them in the member discussion forum and make it very clear that the tale you are telling isn't a real life situation.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 08:39 PM

I concur with Alty and excon! This isn't the correct topic area. We should have been told from the beginning that this was a fictional story.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 09:05 PM
    As this thread is fictional, and in no way shape or form factual, this thread has been closed. If you are writing a story, please go to the appropriate topic area.
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 09:28 PM
    rawpotatoeater37 disagrees: I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time. I just wanted to get my facts straight and this seemed like the best place. Also, I was NEVER under the impression that only vital questions were necessary in the criminal law section. Sorry I brought it up.
    I'm sorry you disagree with me. However, this is a topic where REAL questions are asked, not hypothetical ones. Otherwise you are wasting the time of the legal experts here who could otherwise be helping with real problems.
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Here, I'll open it back up for further discussion. I can assure you that I know the members here well enough that they will be upset for you wasting their time on hypothetical situations.

If you have something of substance to ask, then please do.
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Clough aBa
    Clough my dear, are you doing okay or are your fingers tongue tied? LOL
    Pets Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 09:57 PM

I'll pipe in.

What you did is actually considered trolling. You made up a story, an outlandish story and you placed it in a forum that we take very seriously and then you led us to believe that the story was factual.

Everyone who took the time to answer wasted that time helping you and your story when they could have been helping a someone else with a real problem.

To me, what you did would be the same as walking into a hospital claiming to be having a heart attack. The doctors and nurses come rushing to save you and then, after a 1/2 an hour, you sit up and say, just kidding, I just wanted to see what you would do.

In the meantime, someone else is having a real heart attack in the waiting room, and because the doctors and nurses are busy with you, the other patient dies.

Do you understand a bit better now?
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 10:07 PM

Sorry Alty! Couldn't spread the "love" again so soon! That was an awesome post!

J_9 - my right, little finger was a bit ahead of its time...

Nov 4, 2008, 06:23 AM

I never claimed that it was urgent.

The thing is if someone had taken 5 minutes to answer my question, I would have gone away silently and no one would have ever known. Now, both of you are wasting time fighting with me in one of the most petty fights I've ever been in.

Close the forum. I'm obviously not going to get the answer so I'm bowing out.
    Pets Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 09:14 AM

You still don't understand.

By putting this question in the Criminal Law forum you made it urgent.

We did take 5 minutes to answer your fake question. Had I known that this was not a factual case, that this was just your imagination, I wouldn't have even come to this thread, I would have gone on to someone who actually needed help with a real problem.

I'm not fighting with you, I'm trying to make you understand that what you did was wrong.

As for your question, and finding an answer, sorry, but I'm not going to do research on a fictional story. If you want to know then find out, Google is an amazing tool.

Maybe it's time that you re-read the rules and regulations of this site. What you did is trolling, and that is strictly against the rules here.

Please read what I just said, try to understand where we're coming from. You may not take this site seriously, but I do, and so do many others here.

We volunteer our time to try and make a difference in other people's lives. Many of the people that come here have no where else to go for the answers that they seek. We don't get paid to do this, try and remember that and don't waste our time with stories.

I'm not trying to fight with you, I'm trying to teach you.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Man In Prison [ 59 Answers ]

I have been writing to a man in America for 3 months now, and I have seen pictures of him and have asked him every question I can think of. Only thing that worries me slightly is that he is in prison. He is a really nice person and is so loving in his letters, he is very passionate and well...

Son getting out of prison [ 12 Answers ]

Anyone have any advice on how best to help my 28 yr old son when he gets out in march of 07? (drug related)... any special programs to help him get employment etc?. thanks:)

Prison sperm. [ 45 Answers ]

I know this will sound odd to all of you but my husband is in prison and I desperately want to conceive. If he is given a condom to use, how long will the sperm last in the condom for me to try and inseminate myself. I know what you guys are thinking... crazy but all I want to know is how long...

Prison sentence for [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have been looking on the internet for ages trying to find out how long I'm looking to get in prison, I am getting done for stealing £5000 from my previous job, I'm 19 not working, and I have never been in trouble with the police before. Ill thank you all know for your comments x

Prison [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, quick question: Is prison a good idea?

View more questions Search