Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommeeof8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Maytag wide by side refrigerator
    Model number mzd2752GRW. The switch that turns on the ice/water dispenser stopped working. I replaced it. The water dispenser now works. The ice dispenser drops the ice cubes, but the door they should fall through doesn't open. What controls it?
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Jun 11, 2006, 07:54 PM
    When you activate the dispenser with a glass when the selector is set for ice, the control board should activate the door solenoid that opens the door as well as energizing the auger motor to push the ice out of the bin. If you hear the POP or hum of the solenoid, then likely the linkage fell apart when you reassembled the dispenser (it falls apart very easily when the dispenser isn't fully assembled). If not, you may have not gotten the electrical harness completely reconnected either behind the dispenser or under the top freezer door hinge cap. Just have another look at it, making sure everything is plugged in and the solenoid linkage is still connected and re-test. If you still have problems, you may have a bad dispenser control board, but that doesn't happen really all that often. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    curiousohio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Behind the front escutcheon panel you will see the solenoid and plunger that opens the door to allow the ice to drop through the chute... possibly the arm is broken or came off when you replaced the switch. If it needs to be replaced you can get a kit #12001991 from your part supplier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag not keeping temp on food side [ 3 Answers ]

Like other 4 year old Maytag side-by-side refrigerators (MSD2756GES), ours is suddenly not keeping the food side at normal (37-40) temperatures. Ours does have the Ice/Water dispenser – but it is not attached to anything at this house. We are a bit stumped as to why the temperature problems and...

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Maytag side by side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find the serial number. The paper on the door is worn off. Is there someplace else I can find it.

View more questions Search