Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clarelouise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Does my Boss fancy me?
    I've been at my new job for one month and I get on very well with my boss. I asked him out for a drink via email but I haven't received a answer yet. He keeps winking, staring and smiling at me. He is always asking me questions about my life and he tells me about his, I know a lot about him. We make each other laugh a lot. Most of the time he is the first one to start the conversation. He is giving me so many signals that he fancys me but I don't understand why he hasn't answerd me? I like him more everyday, he is a great guy! Does he fancy me? Or is he just a very caring boss? Im only 19 and he is 31.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 11:36 AM

That's a big age Diff there.

Some guys are just flirty like that.. it is best not read too much into it.

And as for dating people where you work.. stay well away from all that.. thast nothing but trouble. Trust me
    And even more so with your Boss.

Even if he does or does not fancy you.

I would focus on work more than trying to get with your boss
    EN Ken Posts: 67, Reputation: 6

Nov 2, 2008, 12:52 PM

Yeah, he's probably attracted to you on some level but it's in his best interest not to pursue a relationship with you.

Dating someone you work with is not the easiest thing to pull off, although it can work. Dating your boss, is even more difficult but dating a subordinate is really bad form for a supervisor/manager level person and potentially puts him into all sorts of harassment grey zones.

You'd be doing the both of you a favour if you were to find someone else.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 01:38 PM
    If you value your job, keep it professional, and no matter how well you think you know someone in a month, you still have a lot more to learn. Don't get carried away, no matter how you feel, or you think he feels.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 03:42 PM

Work and Sex DO NOT mix... believe me. It is easy to casually flirt with people you are around 40 hours a week but keep it strictly work!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 05:32 PM

You can keep flirting with him if you want, really. He might even hook up with you if it fits into his life.

Just make sure you've already started looking for another job, because no matter how this ends... good or bad... you two won't be able to work together afterward.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 2, 2008, 07:29 PM

I doubt marriage is on his mind. So move forward a little bit, eventually you sleep with him and then he breaks your heart, and then you have to work together. Doesn't sound like a good scenario.

Just tell him that you don't date co-workers.

If in 4 or 5 years he's still interested and you've had a chance to grow up a bit and date other people outside the office and his affection seems genuine and it could lead towards marriage, then and only then would I consider it.

Also, in time you may find out that he tries to sleep with all the girls at the office, he could just be a player. 31 to 19, there is something wrong with that picture; it's very rare on a serious and lasting relationship scale. Do 31 year old's want to sleep with 19 year olds, if given the chance, absolutely. So unless you want to be used, I wouldn't volunteer.

Now on the other hand if you want to screw your way to the top; that's not for me to judge, but even if you wanted to, I doubt you are mature or wise enough
    To manage the manipulation required to have every bedding you have with co-workers benefit you in some way. You are too young.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 10:32 PM

Some people flirt just to see how you react to it.
    kayla1515 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 05:46 AM

Dating in a work place is very tricky... I have been dating my supervisor for about 2 years now. We somehow manage to make it work. We also leave personal stuff away from the workplace. The only person who knows about it would be another supervisor because he is my boyfriends best friend. Other then that our co-workers and management above him do not know and will continue not to know. If you are prepared to take the risk of breaking up and not being able to work with him then go for it, but if you are not willing to take that risk then leave it be. Have a little fun and just flirt while at work but do not let it go any further then that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Does he fancy me ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.A couple of nights ago,I bumped into a man I've seen before, in a nightclub.I last saw him last year and when he saw me then he said he thought I was sexy! That was the first time I saw him.I was out with my uncle,This man knows my uncle and some more family members.I'm not sure how old he...

Does he fancy me? [ 3 Answers ]

This summer I was hanging out with this guy (15 years old) and his girlfriend of 2 weeks (12) (my friend) and after a while they broke up and now he goes to my class, he repeated a year, ( I am turning 14 soon) Now he goes to my class and every time I turn round he is looking at me, and I normaly...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

Best mate and me fancy same lad? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Ok I have a big problem! A lad from work has been texting me on and off for about 10 months. To make the picture a bit clearer... I am 18, he is 21. We met in work. My best friend started working in the same shop last September. I introduced her to this guy and they became good...

View more questions Search