Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ngrigley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Aggravated Assault Club Fuze Austin TX towards a UT student
    If someone is assaulted at a club venue, can the owners be held responsible for weapons getting through security? Did security have the right to protect the public by keeping the assailant in custody? Can the club be responsible for damages of property and injury to the victims?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:09 PM

If the person was injured so bad that they needed to be taken to a hospital for medical help, then I would highly suggest you contact an attorney and sue the club's owner and their lax security for this incident. If the person did not sustain any serious injury there really is not much of a case here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 05:26 PM

I personally doubt they will win, if the venue showed good faith, had normal and reasnable security.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Hello n:

I believe the club CAN be held responsible... If they hired security to keep weapons OUT, and weapons got IN, security didn't do it's job. That's NOT good for you.

I don't know if security had the right to keep the person in custody. I actually think they DON'T. They cannot detain anyone, and if they did, it could be considered false imprisonment or kidnapping... That's REALLY not good for you.

If you're the owner of the club, I think you need a very good attorney, and I think you need to revamp your security procedures. They apparently DON'T work.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics on Junvinile Aggravated Assault in Richmond, California [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for statistical information regarding juvinile committing aggravated assault in Richmond, California or Oakland California

Taxes at Austin TX USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I'm planning to come to Austin TX by Mid May 2008 on a L1 Visa category with my wife and 6 1/2 years old son. My possible Package is 77K per annum. In order to plan my expenses would like to know the following from my helpful friends in this community. 1. What are the taxes...

Abs fuze [ 2 Answers ]

Please... can I pull a fuze to turn off the abs on my 01 impala?I think they are stuck on.. pads and rotors are OK.. pausations my be caused buy the abs staying on for some reason

Babysitters club or the baby-sitter's club? [ 1 Answers ]

I say the movie Babysitters Club made in 1995. Then I saw there was a movie called The Baby-sitters club made in 1995. One has a different actress but I havvent seen it. I only saw the one without THE and the hyphen. Doe anyone know the difference?

View more questions Search