Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danskenderian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Hunter Thermostat Model 44660 Wiring
    I just bought a Hunter Thermostat and have gotten lost on the wiring issue. My current system uses 5 wires, R, B, Y, W, and G, but it is not clear where these go on the new Hunter system, especially the R and B. Any help? Thanks. Dan
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Really need the model number for the original stat, so we can see what purpose for each wire.

R can be power for heat, and B may be power for cooling, but only guessing at this point.

Or you can compare the purpose of each wire as it was connected to the old stat, and move over to the new as appropriate.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 09:54 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...-a-178729.html
    johneagerton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 09:09 AM
    I have a janitrol t-stat that I'm replacing with a new Hunter programmable t-stat.
    Janitrol t-stat wiring Y, G, R, O, W2, and C. Hunter programmable t-stat wiring Y1, RH, RC1, RC, Y/O, W/B and G. Just don't want to get the wiring wrong. Can you help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter thermostat model 44260 [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have a way of matching the color of the wires to the thermostat? I have 5 wires coming out of the wall, Green, Red, Blue, White, and Yellow.

Thermostat change from White-Rodgers 1F78H-144 to Hunter 44660 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, System is gas heat, no heat pump, air Trying to install new Hunter 44660 thermostat Old White Rodgers Wiring W- white wire RH RC Jumper on RC- red wire B-nothing C-blue wire

Hunter Thermostat model 66440 Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced a Honeywell T874R1475 Thermostat with a Hunter 44660 Thermostat. I have the labels from the Honeywell and need to know how it traslates to the Hunter thermostat. Honeywell o c/o valve heat x common g fan r power e them heat w2 aux y compressor

Hunter t-stat wiring-44660 [ 1 Answers ]

5 wires yellow green blue white red,connections G,Rc,Rc1,Rh,Y/O,W/B,Y1 what wire goes where?

How to connect thermostat Hunter 44660 coming from White Rodgers 1F58-72 [ 2 Answers ]

I just typed this and lost it through some Firefox glitch so typing it all over again. I just disconnected my old White Rodgers Type 1F58-72 Thermostat which had the following connections. Red - R White - W2 - Auxiliary Heat Relay Blue - B - Reversing vale energizes during heat Yellow - Y...

View more questions Search