Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hardwired Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Additional Casualty loss expense
    I claimed property loss for a fire in 2003 in 2004 and claimed losses not covered by the insurance on the building.

We did not get back into the home until July 2005 and the insurance did not cover all of the trailer rental expenses. I paid over $8000 in 2005 that the insurance did not cover for these expenses. How can I claim this since it was paid in 2005? I would like to claim in 2005 1040 rather than have to amend 2004.

Thanks.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
    Sorry, those expenses are NOT deductible!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ejector pump additional ques. [ 1 Answers ]

I read the post from Wesryan (basement ejector pump). It answered most of what I needed to know, though I still have some questions. I have a split level house built in 1966. The crawl space was dug out and the laundry tub was placed down there. The contractor installed the ejector pump in the...

Additional income emergency [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone please direct me to legitimate websites (no sales) To do any type of clerical work or strictly telephonic customer service Work. Hopefully no fees are involved up front. Thank you.

Living expense deduction in OPT [ 1 Answers ]

Can I deduct expenses like rent, commute and meals, while on OPT in my 2005 tax returns? I graduated from U Maryland in December 2004 and I did my OPT in Boston from Jan01, 2005 to May 31, 2005 . After that I switched to H1 on the same job. I'm filing 1040 (not NR) and I did the same last year...

View more questions Search