Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenderheart2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 05:14 PM
    My 7 year old daughter is feeling herself and having others feel her too
    My 7 year old daughter has been abused before by her father. He has not seen her in over 3 years, but now she is not only feeling herself, but having my youngest son feel her too. I walked into her room earlier on and they were just playing everything seemed fine, but when my boyfriend walked in about 10 min later he saw her laying on her bed and holding my youngest sons hands on her chest and rubbing.

I talked to her about this and explained that her body is her body and she does not need to make or let anyone else touch it. Rubbing is not a good touch. We have also gone over this in counseling; yet she still does it. I have two other kids and I can handle this happening with them either.

What can I do to stop this? I have read books with her, we have talked in her counseling sessions and yet she still does it. Please help. I don't know what else to do.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 06:42 PM

Have she saw a therapist/psychologist that specialize in dealing with kids that have been sexually abused? If not try it and don't give up and keep her in counselling and you should see one to help you deal with her but if you find a psychologist like I said that can help you.

I am sorry this happen to her and after being a volunteer rape counselor hearing things and stories from victims was heartbreaking. Sadly the person that should be protecting their child is abusing them.

Keep working with her and get her help.
    tenderheart2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Have she saw a therapist/psychologist that specialize in dealing with kids that have been sexually abused? If not try it and don't give up and keep her in counselling and you should see one to help you deal with her but if you find a psychologist like I said that can help you.

I am sorry this happen to her and after being a volunteer rape counselor hearing things and stories from victims was heartbreaking. Sadly the person that should be protecting their child is abusing them.

Keep working with her and get her help.

I have been working with her. She has seen several counselors and is in counseling now. I am at my last straw, I don't know what else to do with her. She is becoming a liability to my other kids. I am trying to help her and look for help, but I am not sure where else to turn. If anyone has any ideas as to who or were I can go please let me know. Again, she is in counseling now but it is not working.

Thanks you
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 08:03 PM

Have you talked to your other kids and explained that their bodies are private and that being touched and touching others in a private place is not appropriate behaviour at their age?

Protect the other kids as well as finding help for your daughter. This is a behaviour that is stemming from the abuse, she isn't to blame but she does need help.

What does her counsellor say? What suugestions have been given to curb this behaviour?

Maybe it's time to find a new counsellor, someone that will work with your entire family, because this isn't only affecting one person, but everyone.

Good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 08:10 PM

Put yourself in her place for a second. Rubbing and stroking feel good. There may not even be a sexual satisfaction to it. It's comforting and soothing and just feels good!

That said, is there a substitute that can be taught to her, a different kind of comforting that she can do? It's like smokers who quit and then suck on sugarless candies--a substitute for what gives them pleasure and comfort. Thumbsucking is another comforting habit that can be broken by finding a good substitute.

You know her well. Can you think of anything? Perhaps nightly backrubs that you do before she goes to sleep? This shows her that touching can also be a positive thing. Or you probably want to get away from the touching idea completely, so spending more time with her playing paper-and-pencil or board games, giving her the satisfaction of mom's attention?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 32 year old son makes me feel gulity [ 7 Answers ]

I am writing this after another round of fights with my son. He makes me feel guilty and question my own sanity. My son is 32 years old and does not work and will not work He says he is to stupid to work but he has had jobs and I find out he gets fired for fighting. I have kicked him out serval...

I'm feeling something I shouldn't, and I feel bad about myself. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and 4 months. I'm 19, and he's 22. I was a virgin when we started going out. He wasn't and I knew this before losing my virginity to him. My ideal had always been to lose my virginity to another virgin, because I figured it would make it...

I feel like I'm alone. What can I do to make the feeling go away? [ 11 Answers ]

Lately I've been pushing people away and acting really mean but I don't even know why. Like to of my best guy friends devin and david, I have been really mean to them and just kind of secluding myself from them. David is really nice to me and I snap at him for no reason and devin complains about a...

Feeling old! Any ideas to feel young again? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! My 38th birthday is in 2 days and I feel ancient. Any quick ideas to make me feel young again! Until very recently I always thought I looked and felt much younger than I am and about a day and a half it hit me how old I really am! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2 year old daughter and her father has not seen her in over a year. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old daughter and her father left me when she was 5 months old and the last time he saw her was 2 weeks before Christmas 2006, he and I were never married. He knows where she is and how to get ahold of me and see her, but has failed in trying to contact me or see her. I do not have a...

View more questions Search