Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcolon522 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Shoplifting charges dropped
    If you're arrested for shoplifting and when you go to court the charges are dropped, do the records still show or come up in the system as you having a criminal record? Will the fingerprints taken still have an affect on getting a job when the court ended up giving a warning instead?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2008, 04:52 PM

A criminal records means you have been convicted of a crime. No conviction no criminal record.

However that applies to a standard background check. If the job does a more thorough check they may find the arrest record. If you commit another crime, the police will know of the former arrest.
    lcolon522 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Scott,

So usually how extensive does an employer look for any fingerprinting. Isn't is true that once your fingerprinted, it stays in the system and something will show up or no?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2008, 12:11 PM

Employers generally don't have access to the fingerprint database. Only law enforcement agencies do.

Generally employers only do a standard check looking for convictions. Depends on the nature of the job.
    trishbu Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 08:54 PM

What did you say in court that they dropped the charges? What did you say when they asked you 'why' you stole?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 09:00 PM

Not so in places I have worked. I have done extensive HR work in public schools and we finger print every level of employee, arrest records do show even if you were not convicted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Exponge FBI files for charges that were dropped? [ 1 Answers ]

Back in San Francisco, California around May 1992, my then girlfriend went to eat, she got very drunk, we went to her house, while I was reading the newspaper in bed she suddenly started hitting me I started to defend myself from her violence. I grabbed her to try to stop her from hitting me, she...

Is there a form you fill out to request charges be dropped in Maryland? [ 2 Answers ]

I was told that there is a form that can be filled out and filed with the State Attorney's office requesting that charges be dropped. The charge is second degree assault. Spouse already said they will not testify against spouse. From what I heard this form is filled out and this state prosecutor...

2 shoplifting charges 10 yrs ago, will I get denied [ 5 Answers ]

Almost 10 years ago, as a single mother of my baby boy, I shoplifted some things for him with a friend. I got caught and had to go to court and pay fines. Shortly thereafter(Oct. 1997), I did it once more, had to go to court again, pay fines and go to a 8 hr course at the local jail. I never...

Shoplifting charges [ 2 Answers ]

Hello This is my story : Yesterday evening I went to a supermarket and I bought a sandwich, a soda, a carspray, a loaf of bread and a cheesecake. I went to my car and clipped a coupon from the cheesecake. That coupon was good for 2 $ and the discounted price of the cake was 1.99 so...

View more questions Search