Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dololie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2004, 09:02 PM
    Recharging 134A a/c in Van
    The parts store says it is easy to recharge the a/c is this true? I do not want to mess my a/c up. ::)
    zahu1 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2004, 06:20 AM
    Re: recharging 134A a/c in Van
    It is not hard to do but the first thing you need to know is how much r134 do you need. Then you need the hose and adaptors. This you could buy at your locaL parts store. If you want you can go for a sub. Which is called Durracool. Not sure on the spelling. But once you put this into you cooling system you can not go back to normal stuff. I have the capicity guide. So just post your make model and year and I will send you the info.

If you have any question feel free to post it and I will reply. :)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2004, 07:03 AM
    Re: recharging 134A a/c in Van
    For older cars with R12, a retro fit may be the best choice. For newer cars with the newer refrigerant, it may work fine too. The auto companies have made air condition less and less DIY friendly. I would demand to see the instructions before I bought a kit, and make sure it is something you can do with your car before I bought it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home A/C Recharging Questions [ 1 Answers ]

I have a YORK Home A/C unit that needs Freon R-22. I have both the hoses and the Freon. My question... When I hook my hoses to the Hi and Lo pressure ports, do I need to have the unit "running" to check the pressures ordo I check it "static"? When adding Freon, Do I have the Unit running when...

View more questions Search