Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SilverishKitten Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Haunted or just paranoia?
    Hey, I need something cleared up here.

I might tend to be paranoid about stuff. Anyway, lately I've been talking to a friend about 'night attackers' as he calls them. He's haunted, and he's haunted by inhuman beings. They aren't ghosts, but he thinks that they are beings trying to create fear in oneself.
    Anyway, since then I've been more paranoid than usual. Just today when I was taking a nap, I had this horrible horrible dream. It felt so real. And I was in a perfect mood when I took that nap. But the dream was just freaky and horrofic.
    I was dreaming normal stuff, until it became all weird. I dreamt that I turned on my computer, went on the internet and my homepage suddenly turned into a page with a picture of some distorted beings, looking a bit like humans, but with dirtorted face, and like... not humans at all.. It had a text Im not sure what it said. It was something like; If you have this page as your homepage you will die. It was something like that.
    Then I went back to dreaming that I was doing normal stuff, like what I'd do on a normal day. But the people around me, they were all apooky. I looked away and when looking back at them, their faces had turned all demonic... Black eyes, blood around the eyes... Nomatter what I did they'd follow me, trying to talk to me. There was this girl looking at me, and then she suddenly peeled of her face. Then she held it towards me and she told me something. MI don't know what but in the dream I seemed to understand.
    The weird thing was that I was in a really deep sleep, yet I was halfawake. I don't know how to put it. It didn't take long for me to realize it was a dream, even though it felt so real. I tried to wake up, but I couldn't. Well I did, for like as econd then I'd fall asleep again, like I was being pulled back into the dream. I kept on doing this a couple of times, until four hours later, I finally managed to wake up, though it took a hell lot of effort. I was unusually sleepy, and even when I had waken up I wasn't sure if I was still in the dream. Well, Shortly thereafter I talked to my friend about it. He think I might be marked too now... Also he told me they most likely would attack when I was half awake, because they use you unconsciousness to reach you consciousness... or something like that.
    It really was horrofic for me, and I usually don't have Nightmares. The last was years ago, and I'm not stressed or anything. Plus I had been in a perfect mood when I when to sleep. I don't know if the possibility of my friend 'infecting' me is there... But maybe he did...

Im just really freaked out now. What's your thought? Am I just really paranoid, or might there be something?

- SliverishKitten...
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 10, 2006, 07:38 PM
    Haunted? Paranoid? May I politely add a third... over active Imagination too? I don't believe in actual traditional hauntings but I do recognise that lots of us love a good ghost story? It's a thin line between thrill and fear. But with that said, I do admit that I see/hear/feel things beyond what is here so I know there is more. I have yet to find reason to fear anything one might call "supernatural." I have learned not to react so much to it, for my sake.

Also I am convinced that all dreams, including nightmares, can be used to see messages our subconscious is trying to tell us. A Jungian analyst (dreamer interpreter) taught me that the messages are important, and to honour my dreaming ability... so I don't label nightmares as "bad", just uncomfortable? And I let the messages come.

It's okay, really. If you slow down, you just might find you are like the lion in the Wizard of Oz, pulling your own tail more than anything here. Thanks for posting.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2006, 08:48 PM
    I do think that your mind is trying to tell you that if you continue to be paranoid and believe everything you here. You could drive yourself crazy and could ruin your life. I do believe that this is way over the top but as the above answer every dream has a meaning and I think the meaning is that you can make your own reality and if you believe in everything you could create your own nightmare, which in a way you did. So please, do not let your friend mess with your head because quite honestly that is what it sounds like what your friend is doing. Please do not dwell on paranoia, please do not believe everything you hear. Many people believe we can create our own realities. So please create a positive one.

Joe
    SilverishKitten Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Yea I never really took him seriously... But I never thought my mind could COme up with such horrid pictures :S...

I've been wanting to see a psychologist for some time now :-p
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 11, 2006, 07:01 AM
    The mind takes in everything you see in reality and stores it for use. I wouldn't take credit for inventing any images or be alarmed that your subconscious uses them. Keep dreaming - its all good!
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 11:04 AM
    The "night attackers" thing your friend describes sound kind of like night terrors, which are a sleep disturbance the originates in the brain.. really has nothing to do with ghosts and whatnot... completely biological.

I tend to get a lot more nightmares when I am not breathing properly... I have quite severe asthma and when it's acting up, my nightmares are always more vivid and frightening. My father (who's a neuro-psychiatrist) says that it's because I'm not getting enough oxygen to my brain. So, if you're not breathing properly, or if your room is too hot, it can contribute to nightmares. Also, if you are very overtired, you can get very strange and frightening dreams even during naps. Severe depression can also cause more nightmares, but it doesn't sound like that's what you have.

If your nightmares persist I might be tempted to consult a physician about them, but it's likely they are just caused by a combination of an over-active imagination, being extra-tired, etc. I wouldn't worry too much unless they start becoming chronic.
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Jun 12, 2006, 10:26 PM
    I have found most night attacks are from Dark Et's. They have a fearfull feeling of dread about them that you just don't feel like taking on. Nightmares are often the persons subconscious trying to alert them that a shape shifting enitity is working in the back ground. Once they are revealed they often always make there presence known.
    Homecoming
    www.spiritremoval.com
    PinkRoses36 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2010, 02:56 PM

Maybe, but I heard they feed off fear. I try not to be too scared... because that's when strong things happen to me, like being pushed against the wall when I'm the only one on the bed, no one near me... or being brushed up against, when no one is there... having a football thrown at me from across the room, my boyfriend was sitting next to me on the bed, so I know I'm not crazy. I've had really weird creapy dreams too... something similar but not exact to yours before all the physical stuff came, I wonder if that was connected to the hauntings Im getting now. You just opened up my mind to more possibilities. I try to block things out... to keep from getting too scared, but you're probably right.
    Thank you.
    Take care, good luck
    wonderingspirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2012, 12:35 AM
    Hi there well I can't say for sure but it might be because you had it in your unconscious mind... the conversation you and your friend had I mean and thus causing you to have these dreams it might just be your mind playing tricks on you and if not there is always a way of controlling what happens. Remember your dreams are your dreams and if you don't like what's happening you can change it, don't let these "beings" scare you. Laugh at them and change the picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think my house is haunted [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought this house almost a year ago and there have been strange things happening. It started with my kitchen door, it could be shut and locked and it would swing open all by itself. I use to joke about it but now I'm getting scared. Yesterday me and my 19 month old daughter were in the...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Am I Haunted? [ 31 Answers ]

Okay, you all are going to think I have lost my mind, but I wonder sometimes if I am haunted. That probably sounds like a weird thing to day, but it seems like weird things seem to follow me wherever I go. We just moved into our first home (my husband,son and I), it was for sale as an estate, and...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

Haunted Hampton Bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hey!! My ceiling fan comes on at least twice a day without any one turning the fan on. It may pop on in the middle of the night or when no one is home. Is something wrong with my remote or is their some faulty wiring or what. My fan also makes a weird noise when in speed 2 or 3 and shakes...

View more questions Search