Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrainBitter Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 01:27 AM
    Severed Hand Movie?
    I seen this movie long time ago and can't remember the title. All I can remember is this severed hand chokes this guy he throws it into a fre place it gets out and starts to attack again the man stabbes it with a fireplace poker and puts it into a small box locks it and chains it,then the man drives to a bridge of some sort and throws the box into the water,as the man is driving back down the road the hand slams against the windshield causing an accident. Please Help been looking for this movie for years.
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Nov 1, 2008, 06:29 AM

Evil dead 2 (maybe)
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Nov 1, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I thought that, but in Evil Dead to the hand didn't get locked in a box/thrown in a river etc.

How about Idle Hands? I can't remember much of the details of that one, but it would fit.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 03:29 PM

Idle hands was more of a comedy/horror. I don't think the character put the hand in a box and threw it in the river.
    sheppydie77 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 04:01 PM

Am not sure of the name but was Michael cain in the film
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 04:38 PM

The Hand (1981)

With michael caine

Nov 2, 2008, 02:19 AM
    This movie was in Black and White I just can't to seem to find it anywhere have bought other movies thinking it was it but I was wrong Over,and Over,And Over again. My guess is the mid-late 50's or early-mid 60's but it is Black and White

Nov 2, 2008, 02:43 AM
    Am not sure mate will keep trying for you though
    lenrely Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2008, 05:44 PM
    The scene is from "Dr. Terror's House of Horrors", from the segment called "Disembodied Hand". The actor is Christopher Lee.

Nov 2, 2008, 10:05 PM

It was not Dr. Terror's House of Horrors
    I bought that one off eBay thinking it was it But it didn't go with the scenes that I remember. I think there was an earlier version of the movie with a different title.

Nov 13, 2008, 11:53 AM

Hi is the film called severed ties

Severed Ties (1992) try this link

Nov 16, 2008, 07:18 PM

No it's not Severed Ties The movie I'm looking for is Black and White made more than likely in the late 50's to early-Mid 60's
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 07:29 PM

Possibly The Beast with Five Fingers (1946)

Nov 17, 2008, 06:22 PM

No it's not the Beast with five fingers either bought that one thinking it was but again I was wrong. I think there was an earlier version of Dr.Terror's house of Horrors which had the severed hand killing people like I described but can't remember much else. Thanks for the Idea and Please keep Trying.
    initialsound Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 12:10 AM
    I'm also looking for this film or show, it would offer closure to all the nightmares I use to have from watching it.

I've been having a hard time finding it too.

It is black and white.

I remember a woman getting ready for a date or something…when she goes to get her camera out of the drawer, the glove or white hand attacks her.

The music was haunting and the show scared me for many years.

I had nightmare where the white glove would show up and remain hidden until it wanted to attach me. I would know the glove was present, in my dream, because a tone would sound in my mind and I would know if I was in the dream or reality.

Once I determined I was dreaming I would just wait for the glove or hand to attack me and I would wake up with pins and needles, almost numb feeling.

Sometimes I would have the dream multiple times in one evening.

Please help me find this show or movie so I can put some closure to this crazyness.
    M Black Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
    I have also seen a movie like this. I remember a scene in which a man finds a box which he has been told contains a hand. As he sets in down to examine it, all the sound and music of the film sharply cuts out. Suddenly everything was entirely silent; that kind of grainy, old film silence. Like the silence after a record has finished playing and the stylus is still running over empty space. He reaches out, opens the clasp of the box, then lifts the lid; all in total silence. An old severed hand is resting inside.

This is all I can remember, but I have been convinced for years that the name of the film was "The Hand of the Mummy". Not "The Mummy's Hand", the 1940 Ben Pivar horror film. I haven't been able to find anything with this title. But that scene is crystal clear in my mind and that silence has remained one of the scariest things I've seen in any horror film.
    senjir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2013, 11:14 AM
    I was also tormented as a very young child (I am middle aged now) by a black and white movie with severed hand in a black glove. Not sure it this is the same movie as you are searching for, but remember a fireplace at the beginning. The scene is some guys are trying to get one guy to 'talk', but he doesn't. They then, depicted by shadows on screen, cut off his hand with an axe an throw it in the fireplace. The man still doesn't talk and dies. After the bad guys leave, the dismembered hand crawls out of the fireplace to take revenge on each of the bad guys.
    Sadly, I do not remember the name of the movie or even if it is the same one you are looking for. All I remember is me getting out of bed at age five to watch TV late at night. I was smart enough to keep the volume low so not to wake anyone else and sat very close to the TV. My grandmother still awoke, put on black goves, crawled across the living room floor on her belly over to me and reached around me pretending like the black glove was there to choke me. I screamed bloody murder and while crying heard my grandmother say 'that will teach you to get out bed at night when you are not supposed to!' To add salt to the wound, she sent me those same black gloves to me on my 18th birthday with a note stating 'The gloves are still watching you, be good and you will be safe.' As a little return for the favor some 30 years later while she was in the last stages of her life in a nursing home, I called her (we lived many states away from each other) to say the black gloves needed to pay her a visit for her sins. She replied that I dare not do anything like what she did to me as she was too old and in bad health and that could be her curtain call. Of course, I didn't. I still have the gloves and would love to finish watching that movie in her honor. I loved her so much and miss her dearly. She is still my most favorite person in this world and beyond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horror movie about a severed hand [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the tittle to a movie from the sixties. I think it involved a few guys telling stories, maybe they were on a train. One of the stories was about an artist that has his hand severed. The hand searches out for an art critic that did not like the work of the artist. I think it...

Looking for old british movie about a guy with funny uncontrollable hand gesture [ 1 Answers ]

Over 20 years ago now, we saw in NZ a black and white British movie about an old fellow who had a strange uncrontrollable hand gesture, but he'd always do it when others weren't looking, so he'd drive them nuts with "there, I just did it". He was assumed to be nuts, and even visited a physchiatrist...

Company refused pension after severed from company [ 2 Answers ]

I was employed by a top food manufactuing company from July 23,2003 to June 30,2008. The company offered a severance package to me that included severance pay, health benefits etc. I was one month shy of hitting the 5 year mark for getting vested in my pension. I was told that they could not...

Severed hands [ 3 Answers ]

This is a movie about hands that are found that have been cut off. The hands are different sizes because the girl the hands are for is growing and she needs to have bigger hands as she grows. Help

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

View more questions Search