Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saurabhsrvastav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 09:53 PM
    how I get the same result without using formula and using the conditional probability
    Suppose I draw two cards from a standard deck without replacement. Given that the first card is an ace, what is the probability that the second card is a queen? I want to solve the problem without using formula and using conditional probability rule.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 02:17 AM

How many cards are left? 51 cards.

How many queens in it? 4 queens.

So, probability of having a queen is..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conditional Discharge [ 3 Answers ]

What's up people.. I was put under arrest last year for possession of marijuanna (under 50 g's).. it was my first offense, so I was issued a year of probation, and if cooperative awarded a conitional discharge. I was put on probation may 16th 2007, so obviously the probational period is over for...

Conditional Probability [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble with these probabilities. Did I do them correctly? 2. A survey of undergraduate students in the School of Business at Northern University revealed the following regarding the gender and majors of the students: ...

Conditional discharged [ 7 Answers ]

I have been conditionally discharged of a charge in canada will it stop me from entering the states via plane? I have met all conditions

Probability Formula needed [ 1 Answers ]

What formula do I use to find the answer Suppose 70% of North Carolina drivers use their seat belts. A sample of 10 drivers is pulled by the police. What is the probability that exactly 7 drivers are wearing seat belts?

Math 9 The Probability Formula [ 2 Answers ]

hi.. I neeed helpp. one ball is drawn from a bag containing 1 yellow, 2 oranges, 3 pink and 2 whitemarbles. State the probability of the folllowing colours. Write your answers in decimal form. Explain each step and how u did it please. Thanks a lot - ahmad. Desperate of help test is tomorrow I...

View more questions Search