Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acebandito Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Co-owner trying to force other co-owner into foreclosure
    I am a co-owner of a house with my ex boyfriend in Arizona. He moved out without notice. He has an apartment and told me that he was just going to let the house foreclose. I cannot afford the mortgage on my own. I said I would just get roommates (which would be my mother) He told me no he wouldn't let me do that because he is a co-owner and would evict her. If he has established a new residence does he have the right to tell me (who is still living in the house) who can and can't move in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2008, 06:45 PM

He can not evict people you allow in, You can move her in with you if you want to.

He is still and will always be co owner until you buy him out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2008, 06:55 PM

He can't evict without both owners agreement. So he's making empty threats.

On the other hand, he will remain co-owner so if you sell he gets half the proceeds. So before you start putting more of your own money into this house I would suggest that you either refinance and buy him out or sell the house and take your share and buy another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing a house --owner foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

After selling my house, I decided to lease another house for a year or so. I have been in the house since August 2007. I have paid my rent and a $2500 deposit. The owner has not paid the mortgage in 5 months. The house is scheduled for foreclosure on Dec. 14, 2007-In Va. Do I have any rights? How...

Rental in foreclosure-I am owner but have tennants. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I own a rental unit that is in the long process of foreclosure. I don't know when it is supposed to be final-there is no court date as of yet or anything like that but should be within the end of the year. I have tennants occupying the unit and they have no written lease--everything was...

Cruel cat owner demanding stray back. Can she force it? [ 7 Answers ]

A former friend of ours received a stray female kitten as a pet and treated it very poorly. She tied it up inside the freezing laundry room in the winter and often left for days at a time without feeding it. We rescued the poor thing and told this person it got outside and ran away. However,...

Eviciting a previous Owner- Foreclosure! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have pruchased a property from the courthouse in a foreclosure proceeding. I, being the new owner, have tried to knock on the door various times, but no response. There is always a car parked in the driveway, but the previous owner is missing in action. I can tell his belongings are in...

View more questions Search