Ask
    lozcoz2005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Yeast infection of the mouth
    Can I get an yeast infection though orel sex
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 12:28 PM

I've never heard of it... but I'm sure someone will come around with a better answer.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 31, 2008, 12:41 PM
    I believe you can. I know you can get a yeast-like infection in your mouth. It's called Thrush.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 12:42 PM

Hi lozcoz2005:

I was just wondering why you would even want to perform oral sex on your wife while she had a yeast infection, or you just didn't know. You know, there might be a distinctive smell or something that would be a turn-off. Just wondering.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Oct 31, 2008, 02:03 PM

Ew that's just nasty
    Meeko Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah it's called Thrush. It usually starts with extreme dry mouth. Evolves into a gross smelling/tasting of infection. Discharge off your tongue from breathing through the night. It's really gross. Never had it, but I was really close. Happens if you sleep with your mouth open and often get dehydrated.
    lakebum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Not sure about getting a yeast infection through oral sex. However, every time I take antibiotics I get a yeast infection in my mouth. It's also called thrush. A good home remedy is to swish buttermilk around in your mouth then spit it out. It really works! Good Luck!
    Herb9z Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 09:29 AM

The organism involved is called Candida Albicans

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

I just came back from the doctor and I have a yeast infection gave me cream for it Is there things I shouldn't be eating like breads red meat sugar he told. Is there anything I can eat to help speed up the process to get rid of the yeast.

Yeast infection [ 3 Answers ]

I just came back from the urineologist and found out that I have a yeast infection. I always practiced safe sex is it possible to get a yeast infection from oral sex. What are the other ways for a man to have a yeast infection. Can I get a yeast infection from spermicidal lubricant,...

Yeast Infection [ 6 Answers ]

I had a bladder infection three days ago and I took the antibiotics prescribed, and I started to feel better. The doctor said there was a chance I'd get a yeast infection afterwards, and now I believe I do. I took the medicine prescribed for this as well last night it's a pill in a dosage of one...

Yeast Infection? [ 11 Answers ]

Im 17 years old and for the last couple of days I had discharge that looked like cottage cheese.I told my mother about it and she said it could be a yeast infection.She had bought me some medication that can help the infection in 3 days. On my second day of using it, my discharge suddenly changed...

Yeast infection [ 2 Answers ]

My girl has an itching below on the vulva. She has no discharge, no odor, but she has some pains in her pelvics area. Is this a yeast infection, and if it's a std what are the usual time spans for symptoms

View more questions Search