Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernforufos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Need to Know About 1953 Five Dollar Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by lgp86 View Post
    Ok i have read most of the posts on this thread. I do not understand the signatures and dates. I am not a collector but came across a red five dollar bill.
    1953B series, c54430413A serial #, Elizabeth Rudel Smith Treasurer(61-Apr.62) and C. Douglas Dillon Sec. Treas.(61-65). How can they print in later years. I find the bills are more interesting as conversation pieces than the face value.
    That's funny, I came across this site because I googled a five dollar bill that sounds just like Angelos, except like the guy above me, mine says the Sec of Treasury is C. Douglas Dillion and the Treasurer is Elizabeth Rudel Smith. There are no stars on my serial number. It is a 1953 B series. When I came across it about two years ago, I knew that from the date and color on the bill I had to keep it. I'm also confused as to how they put these two names on the bill if they served in office 8 years after the bill was printed?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 02:20 AM

Hi, concernforufos!

I moved your question that you had posted as a response to someone else's question to a thread by itself so as to avoid confusion here and to keep things fresh since your question is really a new one.

The thread from where I moved your post is below, in case anyone wants or needs to know.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/collec...-211221-6.html

Flying Blue Eagle is an Expert on this site who has the current documentation concerning coins and currency of any kind. As such, I'm sure that he will be along eventually to address your question.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 09:33 PM

Concernforufos - I am hopeing to get some information on the subject of the Signatures on different denominations by some one that takes office 4 to 7 years latrer. I know of some that were series 1950. I sent by E-MAIL
    today another request for information on just how this can happen . I called once before and got the number 2 man and he told me something that sounded well out in left field and the number 1 man was susposed to contact me and also E-Mail information on this subject, But I haven't heard anything from ,So that is why I E-MAILED HIM TO DAY , I got it off latter then I wanted to so I probably won't get anything till Monday, Get back to you a and a lot of others when I get the answers ;: Now to get to your question ::

This is a SILVER CERTIFICATE< THERE WERE NO FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES PRINTED FOR 1953 series, SERIES 1953E was (FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE AND THE NEXT SERIES OF FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES WERE 1963 SERIES> ::

VF-20 UNC-63
    #1657 . $ 8.50 $ 30.00
    #1657 * $ 2,500.00 $ 8,000.00
    The reson these are so much more in value is because there were only 3,249,000 printed ,And the second is for a star note ( #1657 * ) VF-20 means -VERY FINE CONDITION < GRADE 20 :: UNC-63 Means UNCIRCULATED CONDITION - GRADE 63 I hope I have answered your questions , I will let you know on the other just as soon as I hear, Have a great day and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Hello CRaig , how are you Im doing OK , Have a great day and GOD BLESS F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 03:43 AM

Thank you, F.B.E. I'm dong okay and hope that you're doing much better than you have been!

God's Love and Peace to You!
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 09:41 PM

Concernforufos - I finally heard from the Dept. OF THE TREASURY< in Washington > JUst recently; I haven't gotten to let everyone know the results of the letter yet concerning the SIGNATURES on some of the different denominitions since 1050 up to 1957 when they actually took office , Don't worry the money is not counterfit and is OK ; I just got out of the hospital again this evening ,so tomorrow night I will get it posted from the letter word by word about this ;; Sorry I have been so long in posting something but I have been in the hospital for 6 times now since the 4th of Aug . ::: I will get back to you ; F.B.E.
    Savanna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 01:32 PM
    I recently came across a 1953 red 5 dollar bill series A with Ivy Belton Print and Robet B Anderson C00174371 A as the numbers roughky 3 folds one tiny tear on the left edge and some discoloration. Any idea what this may be worth?
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2010, 07:53 PM

Concernforufos- OK I got a letter from the{ money factory in washington}(as it is known;REALLY THE TREASURY) OK THE letter that I have REALLY involved two other signatures={ PRIEST AND ANDERSON }; there was several different dates that I had in question on signatures on different denominations of different dates; Priest and anderson was not in office as of yet on ones I had in question and the ANSWER I GOT BACK FROM THE HEAD MAN WAS THAT {#1}these notes were in stock and was needed to be put in circulation,so they were in office at this time and there signatures were put on them and then put in circulation;; the notes were all, $5.00 notes that I really had in question,{ HE SAID THAT THE BILLS THAT THEY SIGNED DID NOT HAVE SIGNATURES ON THEM YET: WE HAD QUITE A discussion going on on this cite for awhile: I hope that the answers I just gave you will help you out ;:I am going to go threw my files and find thsat letter and some way gft it to you :Have a great day and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1953 5 dollar note [ 62 Answers ]

I came across a 5 dollar bill from 1953. It says series 1953 A. It has a red seal and red serial numbers. There is a red star in front of each serial number and the letter A after. The names are Priest and Anderson. Treasurer and Secretary of Treasury. The serial # is... star 08287916 A. It has a...

1953 $2 dollar bill [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a 1953 $2 dollar bill. It is an A series in red letter and numbers. Signed by Priest and Anderson. A 50633688 A. If anyone could tell me how much it is worth I would really be thankful. :) :confused:

1953 Red Ink $2 bill [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I am no expert by any means, but from my reading up on things, I would say that this $2 bill I have from 1953 w/ red ink is in Very Fine condition... the serial number is A44449637 A... the letter in the corner is I, along w/ a very small number 7 next the letter in the bottom right hand...

What is a 5 dollar red seal series 1953 worth? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello does anyone know what a 5 dollar red seal series 1953 worth? {moved from Forum Help-<>}

1953 TWO Dollar bills qty=50 consecutive serial# [ 1 Answers ]

I came across approximately 50 $2 TWO dollar bills printed in red ink from 1953. They are uncirculated and in mint condition and are consecutively serial numbered. Wondering about an approximate value on the entire lot? Thx

View more questions Search