Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anna2259 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2006, 04:35 AM
    Animals
    My cat was diagnosed with a lung infection. Does litter box dust or litter box deodorizers cause this problem? She is also having some type of breathing attack. Her breathing is heavy and when she has these attacks she is gasping for breath. The vet prescribed CLAVAMOX. She is an older cat over 10 years old. Up until this point she was in pretty good health.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 10, 2006, 07:37 AM
    If the prescribed drug isn't working as well as you expect, that warrants a call back to your vet now. Anytime a pet is seen by a vet and the problem persists or a new one developes, a pet owner needs to immediately return to the treating vet. If that doesn't solve it, then its time for a second opinion from another vet. The people here can't provide answers equal to an examination by a skilled vetrinarian. Not that this is you Anna but I get a little uncomfortable when I see people here giving the impression they think its okay to wait and see what answers turn up in lieu of visiting a vet. I can't help but wonder why you didn't run these questions by your vet when you were there? Sorry if that wasn't more helpful. Please don't wait to take action - its only a phone call.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Hi, Anna,
    I agree completely with your previous answer. CALL your Vet!
    I tried giving a comment to your previous answer, but got the pop-up.
    Your Vet really is the best person to ask. If you, yourself, were being treated for something, and the treatment wasn't work, would you go back to your Doctor? Or, even another doctor for a second opinion? I would! At 64 yrs old, I can't afford for something not to be working!
    Please take your cat back to the Vet, and if it doesn't get better soon, see another Vet, as suggested. I do wish the best, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birds and animals [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if it's safe to paint around birds. (wall and ceiling painting.

Non-human animals [ 4 Answers ]

Do Non-human animals have values and beliefs?

View more questions Search