Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Oct 30, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Is african violet potting soil acidic enough for azaleas?
    Is miracle-gro african violet potting soil acidic enough for azaleas or do I need to add something else? The lable says the soil is ~5-6 ph. My other options are miracle gro potting soil, vermiculite, MG moisture control potting soil and MG seed starter mix. Or I could buy bonsai kodama soil online.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 06:17 PM

Plug them in then if you have to, adjust the PH later.
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Oct 31, 2008, 01:48 AM

"plug them in" to what kind of soil?" And how do I adjust the ph? I'd rather buy the proper soil than tamper with the ph, that is why I asked if African violet soil is acidic enough or would I have to adjust it. If it needs adjusting then I might as well buy kodama soil rather than invest in a ph tester etc.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 09:32 AM

Yea, do that.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 11:19 PM

I'll plug it into a hydroponic system, adjust the PH and grow it to perfection. Or, I can grow it in regular potting soil with the proper admendments. I gave you appropriate information. You want to make it difficult. So, my answer stands. Do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Newly azaleas drooping, what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

I just repotted 4 azaleas and ~20 hours later they are drooping. Before repotting they were blooming and had very dry leaves, almost like a artificial plant, though the soil was moist. The roots of 4 plants were well watered but a solid mass with very little soil in the original pot. There were...

Acidic/tangy smell in basement [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved in to a 50 year old home that is on septic and uses forced air water boiler with baseboard heaters. Since we have moved in we have noticed a smell that I can only describe as acidic or tangy in the above ground basement. It is in the guest room closet (there are pipes running...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

Acidic Bodies [ 1 Answers ]

How do you make your body alkaline, in you are very acidic?

View more questions Search