Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kooky890 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Can't download anything!
    I need help!! I just got this new computer and I've had it for a while now. I use to be able to download things and now when I download things, the screen pops up and then disappears. My friend suggested that I should look it up in my start menu but, that didn't work. She said it just put itself in there. The thing I am downloading is meshes for sims 2 so I can make my own clothing. Please help me!! My job also requires downloading a lot of stuff!! :o
    ichosethis1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 04:55 AM

It has to be saving it somewhere if the screen pops up and goes away it is set to always save to the same place. I suggest that you download something you know the filename to, then go to start-search, and have the computer search for the filename. Let me know if this helps
    charliec Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Dec 1, 2008, 08:32 PM

When you are downloading you should see a dialog window on your screen , in the bottom left corner there is a box labeled 'close this window when downloading is complete' , uncheck this box.
    amsteube Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Dec 2, 2008, 11:28 AM
    If you are downloading stuff from websites than you should be able to fix this fairly easily. In your web browser go to either tools or properties and go into download settings. All you need to do is change where the default saving path goes. For ease of use setting it to your desktop is probably the easiest. If you want me to walk you through how to do this let me know and I can give you a hand.

Aaron
    mdbacon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Might be a bit late for my answer but if it doesn't download stuff there could be a problem with internet explorer

Try to get Firefox or a different browser.. or if u have internet explorer 6 upgrade to number 7 through windows update.. good luck :)
    teesrus27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 12:30 PM
    Thank you! I think you solved my problem!
    teesrus27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teesrus27 View Post
    Thank you! I think you solved my problem!
    I unchecked the box and was able to DL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PDF download [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Dell Inspriron E1705 running XP, I'm hooked up to ATT's DSL. Every time I try to download a PDF document, after a long pause, I get an error message stating that a problem has been encountered and the browser needs to close. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks

Can't download DSL [ 3 Answers ]

I am hooked up to DSL with a main computer connected to a 4 port (hard wire) router, from which I am currently running a second computer and intend a third. When I plugged in the third unit, I was able to access the Internet through DSL. Because of all the junk on the third unit, I decided to...

I can't Download [ 1 Answers ]

Something is wrong with my software. It will not download anything. I had this software called Internet Download Manager. I have a Windows XP. So, what should I do? Pleas Help Me!! :confused:

Where can I download? [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I download english songs for free{complete songs}

Can't download ANYTHING! [ 13 Answers ]

My computer has just recovered from a problem in which was solved by the removing of display drivers. While I doubt that shouldn't affect my downloading, I can't think of anything that is wrong with my computer for it to be as such. Now I can't even download new drivers. I need help!! :( ...

View more questions Search