Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Pandemonium in Philly
    I know it probably doesn't matter to many people on here But THE PHILLIES ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!! I don't think I have ever hugged so many strangers at once while celebrating on Broad Street. I was only 2 when the Fightins won in 1980 and I was only 5 when the Sixers won in 1983. I have no hope for the Eagles to EVER win a Superbowl.

Any suggestions on how I can get out of work tomorrow and go to the Parade??
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Dude, you don't look so well. <cough> <cough>
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:46 AM

The Eagles should've won in the Reggie White ,Jerome Brown, Clyde Simmons, Seth Joyner days .

Glad to see the Phillies win . I love the top half of their lineup. Shane Victorino plays the game the way it should be played .
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:53 AM

You know NK my throat is starting to feel scratchy!

Tom you are right That D the Eagles had was a beast. It's a shame they couldn't bring it home for Jerome. Victorino Is quickly becoming my Favorite player. He never gives up and he gives it his all every single game. And you can tell how much fun he is having out there!! Someone needs to Teach Ryan Howard how to stay off outside breaking balls
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Congrats Phillies. I hope McNabb and DeSean Jackson have really good games on Sunday, too. And I detect a sniffle with that cough... all these weather changes must have gotten to you.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 12:16 PM

The weather has been making me sick. DeSean is going to be a star in the league if he learns you spike the ball AFTER you cross the goal line!! Wish McNabb would have had him when they went to the Superbowl instead a Freddy "The Peoples Champ" Mitchell. What a bust he turned out to be.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    The weather has been making me sick. DeSean is going to be a star in the league if he learns you spike the ball AFTER you cross the goal line!!!!! Wish McNabb would have had him when they went to the Superbowl instead a Freddy "The Peoples Champ" Mitchell. What a bust he turned out to be.
    Oh, you mean THAT DeSean Jackson...

LOL, I loved the guy after that and added him to several of my fantasy teams. At least someone finally made me forget for a while my ol' Cowboy favorite that spoiled my Thanksgiving, Leon Lett.

Leon Lett Thanksgiving and Super Bowl Blunders
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 01:47 PM

OH Man I forgot about Leon Lett!! I tried to Pick up DeSean in my fantasy league because I have McNabb but I was to late. But I did get Roddy White from the Falcons I can't believe he is having a great season.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 01:54 PM

Hey Speech let me ask you do think the Dallas Fans look at the Eagles as their biggest Rival? I'm an eagles fan I don't understand why other Eagles fans get so pumped up for Dallas games. Me personally I get pumped up for the Giants game they seem to be a bigger Rival to me then the Cowboys. So do you think Cowboys fans get crazy like Eagles fans do when they play each other?
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 02:01 PM
    I'm in a league with tom and almost my entire team had an injury of some sort this morning. Since my QB hurt his pinkie I just need to decide if Jamal Lewis or DeSean is going to score more points this week so I can try and get a game up on him.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Hey Speech let me ask you do think the Dallas Fans look at the Eagles as their biggest Rival? I'm an eagles fan I don't understand why other Eagles fans get so pumped up for Dallas games. Me personally I get pumped up for the Giants game they seem to be a bigger Rival to me then the Cowboys. So do you think Cowboys fans get crazy like Eagles fans do when they play each other?
    You know it used to be the Redskins but I think Cowboys fans hate the Iggles more now. Maybe it had something to do with them pelting our boys with battery filled snowballs - and TO's stunts didn't help much either. No offense, but I know when I've gone to games against Philly the fans were the most vile sports fans I've ever been around. But then the Dallas crowd is about the tamest bunch anywhere, it takes a heck of a lot to get them really pumped up. Kind of frustrating actually... but yeah I'd rather beat Philly than anyone else, unless maybe it's tom's Giants. :D
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 03:31 AM

I look forward to all conference games. THE NFC East plays football the way it should be played.

No bold predictions here but I want to welcome the Cowboys to the house of pain Sunday!

Could not get tix for the game and it is a bit of a pain in the a$$ to go because of the parking during construction of the new stadium .

But I went the game against the Seahawks(Big Blue win) and will go to the game next month against the Ravens.

Love Phillie phans . When Palin dropped the puck at the Ranger -Flyers game everyone knew there would be boooos because Phillie phans boooed Santa Clause once.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 04:32 AM
    I got to say if our O line doesn't perform then Brad Johnson will definitely feel the house of pain on Sunday. If they do perform and he can complete a pass longer than 4 yards we might have a shot.

Philly fans are let's say, not dull :) The most fun fans I've been around though were Steelers fans believe it or not.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 06:27 AM

Speech I would not put Jamal Lewis in my line up at all this week. The Browns are Playing the Ravens They have best run defense in league. Now Desean should have a monster game against the Seahawks.

I have only been to one Eagles game my entire life and the reason is I don't like how the fans act. I'm not like that, My best friend is from NY and he is a Giants and Mets fan. It's fun to talk sh&t to each other but it's all in good fun. The Fans at the stadium are just to insane they take it personally. I love football and the Eagles but not to violent extreme's.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 08:01 AM

I will say that baseball has to fundamentally change . The season is too long and this accommodation to the networks is ridiculous.The season should go back the 156 game season and the playoffs should end before the fans need down coats and knit caps.

A whole generation of kids have never seen a World Series Game because of the late start. Perhaps baseball doesn't care about it's future but as I drive around I don't see kids playing the game.

Perhaps next year we can get a AMHD fantasy league created . I'm sure there are a lot more closet junkies than us 3 .
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Speech I would not put Jamal Lewis in my line up at all this week. The Browns are Playing the Ravens They have best run defense in league. Now Desean should have a monster game against the Seahawks.
    I have considered that, but then I thought he would be a bust last week and he scored better than my option. I'm more inclined to start Jackson but then you have both Reggie Brown and Curtis back this week. It won't matter though, I'm playing my wife... if I lose I lose and if I win I lose, lol.

I have only been to one Eagles game my entire life and the reason is I don't like how the fans act. I'm not like that, My best friend is from NY and he is a Giants and Mets fan. It's fun to talk sh&t to each other but it's all in good fun. The Fans at the stadium are just to insane they take it personally. I love football and the Eagles but not to violent extreme's.
    I've been to 2 Cowboys-Eagles games and we avoid them now. The incessant loud, extreme vulgarity and constantly bumping people and kicking seats was bad enough, but when they spilled beer on us from getting overly worked up over a call that was the last straw.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Perhaps next year we can get a AMHD fantasy league created . I'm sure there are alot more closet junkies than us 3 .
    I'm all for it. All you libs can try and take your frustrations out on us at the fantasy gridiron :D
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 08:22 AM

I am all for joining any fantasy league. It drives my fiancée crazy. All my friends wife's and girlfriends were going to make their own league but they didn't want to do the draft but they also didn't want an automatic draft. So they gave up.

I am not a big Reggie Brown fan. Curtis will take some catches away from Jackson. But I think Desean will have a good game against the Seahawks. I need a big game from McNabb this week. My first place status might fall if he doesn't.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2008, 08:25 AM
    I don't think I have ever hugged so many strangers at once while celebrating on Broad Street.
    Oh I know how you feel. I've had that feeling oh about 2 dozen times! (10 Yankees champs, 2 Mets, 3 Giants (football), 1 Jets, 2 Knicks, 4 Islanders and 1 Rangers) in my lifetime. <eg>
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Oh I know how you feel. I've had that feeling oh about 2 dozen times! (10 Yankees champs, 2 Mets, 3 Giants (football), 1 Jets, 2 Knicks, 4 Islanders and 1 Rangers) in my lifetime. <eg>
    Show off!! I can't imagine Philly sports teams getting that many championships in my life time. And I probably have 40 years left to go!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NJ and worked in philly? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in South Jersey and work in philadelphia at the refinery. I paid into city wage which was the only city/state tax that I paid for the year. I received 2 w-2's one with city wage info on and one for state filing. The state wage in box 16 was less than what the local wages were in box 18 of...

View more questions Search