Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Oct 30, 2008, 11:25 AM
    How to make older sister understand and grow up
    This is fairly long but I do need some advice on this, so please bear with me.

My older sister is very smart, she just recently graduated from college a year and a half go with a BA in communication. It took her only 3 and a half years to finish. Well after she graduated she kept her movie theatre part time job that she had while attending school full time. She then moved out of her overly-priced apartment (that our father was paying for) and in with our grandmother. Our grandmother was bedridden and needed help. My sister moved in January 07 and then our grandmother passed away that August. So my uncle who is now the owner of our grandmothers house, has his son move in, an alcoholic college student who constantly has parties. My sister couldn't take it anymore and wanted to move out. Since she only had her part time movie theatre job, she couldn't afford to move to a new apartment. I told her she can stay with us while she looks for another job, maybe look for a career since she now had her degree. I told her to pay her half of utilities and maybe she can save up faster. She moves in February 08 into our house telling us she will be out by June the latest. Well May comes around and she hasn't even started looking for another job, I figured she was saving her paychecks during this time, but then anounces she is going to California with her friend, and they are driving, using her car. This is when gas prices were the highest. So I don't even want to know how much she spent on gas alone. So when she comes back I tell her to get off her butt and start looking for another job. She says she will and she starts applying to places online and sending resumes online. I tell her people and businesses will hire someone who took the time and effort to actually GO IN to apply and introduce themselves, rather then someone who sent a resume through e-mail. Then she comes home and says she met someone at her work. She never had much luck in the relationship area so I was happy for her and he seems like a nice guy. So I keep telling her to look for a job. She claims she is then she comes home and tells me how she was out all day with the boyfriend. Then a few months later there is an accident that involves the boyfriend. He was badly injured but turned out okay. He cannot work for awhile and is constantly having surgery. So as soon as she gets off work, she goes straight to the boyfriends house instead of looking for a job. Then in July my father invites her to visit hiim in Vegas. He pays for the flight and she stays at his house. She comes back telling me she ran her credit cards over $600 each. So I then again tell her get another job to pay them off and move out. She goes around asking family and friends if they can get her hired at their jobs. They say "I will see what I can do" and then my sister doesn't hear anything again for two weeks. I tell her continue applying until she gets hired somewhere. She just says she's waiting for what so and so has to say. She finally gets hired as a bank teller in September but doesn't start work until October. In September I tell her she needs to start paying rent. My fiancé is getting tired of supporting her to be living in our house. She tells me how she's going to start making $12 an hour working full time, but can;'t afford to give us $200 a month for her share. I tell her how convinent it was for her to save up money to go to California with her part time job and run up her credit cards in Vegas. She can and will afford to pay us the $200 a month and that she had told me she would be out by the previous June. So she leaves to go to the boyfriends hosue being mad at me. She finally starts her job at the bank and her second week there she screwed up and cashed a bad check because she was trying to rush out of there to go to the boyfriends house. Immediately she was fired. We are expecting our second child in February. She knows this, so as soon as she told me she was fired, I tell her she needs to start looking for another job NOW. We aren't doing any of this six month crap again. She then tells me she will be out by January. We live in a decent sized 3 bedroom two bathroom house. We have one son and expecting a second baby in February and I want to make sure the nursery is ready before the baby is born. So I tell her she needs to be out before January. Well it's been a week and a half since she was fired. She has been at the boyfriends house every day and every night, only working at the theatre three days a week, has not sent in one application, has not sent in a single copy of her resume to anyone. This was the month she was supposed to pay her first months rent with us, and so far she hasn't even paid us the $40 for utilities. I try to get ahold of her, but she just ignores the call and she comes to the house when she knows none of us will be here. She has NO other bills to pay. My father just gave her an 03 nissian maxima which he paid off, he pays for her car insurance, she never took out a student loan and my parents paid for her education, he pays for her cell phone bill, and her health insurance. She has already paid off her credit cards so she has NOTHING else to pay. I have tried every attempt to talk to her about getting off her and getting another job so she could move out and soon. It goes through one ear and out the other with her. I honestly cannot throw her out, she is after all my sister and the only other sibling I have so I would like to keep things civil so our relationship does not get ruined by this. So how else can I get it through to her that she needs to start growing up and get out of my house! My parents have already tried talking to her, but it's not their problem and I don't want to get them too involved to where it will start a whole family argument. I need advice on how to get her to start getting off her lazy butt.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there anything that can help me make my fingernails grow? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any product that really helps nails grow? I'd love to have long nails but only natural ones will do. Thanks

$10,000 gift. Want to make it grow. I am 27 yrs. [ 3 Answers ]

OK my question is how I can make the most of the money I have. $ I have 10G and I would like to invest it for long term. The saving I have now they have cd raging from 3.75. For 6 months to 4.00 for up to 60 months. I mean I know that once I have it locked in a c.d. I will be locked in that one...

How do I make my hair grow faster? [ 3 Answers ]

That's what I need to know... my hair is just above my shoulders and I want it just below my shoulders do you have any herbal remedies that will hep my hair grow a lot faster?

If your older sister dies are you now the older sister [ 1 Answers ]

The ? Is if your older sister or brother was to die does that make you the older brother or sister later on in life.

I want to move in with my older sister! [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Megg. I am 16 and I am staying with my oldest sister. My mom and her girlfriend just broke up so we had to move. She can not afford a house on her own plus 3 kids. So her and my two younger brothers are staying with her friends. I am staying with my oldest sister about 3 towns over....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.