Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anna c Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I need to know if my images are OK!
    Hi I am currently doing my junior cert art in school.we were given different themes,it took me a while to decide but I finally reached a decision and so I picked a suitcase of memories,I am very lucky and I go on a holiday abroad every summer so I woulnt be stuck for ideas but yet I couldn't seem to think of much... before I knew it my art teacher was looking for a sub-theme so I made up on the spot my annual get-away :confused::rolleyes: so in class we had to do these moon board things to show my teacher what we have done so I drew from souvineers and photos mostly... most people stuck on picture cut-outs from magazines but most of mine were drawings I didn't know whether that was good or bad! :(:p the next class she asked us to pick six images for our paintings that we would be starting soon I was going to pick a turtle,a barbados bus,a man with dreadlocks,a woman with a dress,a postcard from barbados and maybe the collesium in rome.the next step then was to do thumb nail sketches of these images and try them out in different possitions on each sketch,choose the position you like best and do that one out in a bigger sketch on a4 paper and then a3 paper and then start your painting on a2 paper I think all I need to do is a bit more research and drawing of my images I did the thumbnail sketches and I was going to put the man from barbados with the dreadlocks on the right corner on the bottom part of the picture and have the dreadlocks leading into the different images that's the plan I have in mind but I was wondering does that sound good or bad!? :confused: and would I be able to include writing to show where the images are from e.g. like the woman in the dress could I write milan beside her... please get back to me as soon as possible! Thank you! :o
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 02:01 PM

Go with your instincts.

Although you might have an idea of what you mean in your mind, it is very difficult (if not impossible) for me to visualize what you're talking about without having seen any of it. Dreadlocks here, dreadlocks there... :) personally, I don't like dreadlocks, so I don't even want to think about them... :) but that's neither here nor there. Really, you just need to do what you think is right.

If you want to post some pictures, I'd be happy to take a look and tell you what I think. I'm sure other members would too.

Don't stress out about it. Sit down and do what you think is right. And enjoy it! If you're having a good time while you work, it will show up in the results.

I'm sure it would also be a good idea to speak with your teacher if you're having any doubts, or if you think you're feeling unsure about the assignment. It could only help. Is this for high school?

Also, and I mean this in the nicest way, it would be much easier to read your post if it were broken up into separate paragraphs or ideas.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 03:35 AM

Hi, anna c!

Please do post some images here of what you're trying to do! We would love to see them and also seeing them would help us to advise you the best!

Thanks!
    anna c Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 03:40 PM
    I'm stuck on a sub-theme!
    Hi again! Thanks for replying I'm a lot more relaxed now with the whole thing I really am an ejit for worrying I have to stop because I know it shows in my work! You sussed me out well! I totally agree I didn't make anything clear!! :p:o:rolleyes: I agree with what you said about the dreadlocks! I didn't really make that clear either I read it again and it sounded like my painting would look like one big dreadlock!! :p I've tost around a few ideas and I have decided that I would have my title for my painting as my annual gettaway.
    Because,
    On the painting I would have an airplane as the focal point in the center of the page and around and behind it, have my different images like the postcard of barbados,the guy with a ghettoblaster on his shoulder and dreadlocks (but there not going to take up the whole painting!! ):p girl with a stylish dress and a barbados bus.

For a while I was a bit dissapointed with my ideas because there wasn't any hidden meaning or a story to make the painting more interesting but I thought of having different sizes of shoes to resemble my feet getting bigger as I got older and to show traveling and I would have these shoes going up the painting in a sort of s curve! What do you think of the change of plan is it better or worse!!

I sort of ran into a problem with this change of plan,my sub-title was my annual gettaway and now that I planned to use this as my painting title I would have no sub-title I couldn't think of anything only my holidays and packed with memories what should I do! :confused: thanks again for helping!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 03:53 PM

Hi again, anna c!

I did need to merge your two threads together so things wouldn't get confusing for people. The new thread that you started today was really a continuation of this one since it was a response to what was posted on this thread.

Thanks!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 08:22 AM

Hi anna c, could you just do a pencil sketch, scan it and post it? It would give us more a feel of the piece. I followed fairly well up to the shoes! I got lost there but that is not to say it would not work well. I just didn't quite get how it would work with the composition of the piece. I love the fact that your mind is working so quickly, making adjustments, changes, and not staying with one idea and forcing it to work. Good job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Images won't load PLEASE HELP! [ 7 Answers ]

Not all images on Yahoo.com, Cnet.com and other sites aren't loading? HAs anyone else had this problem. When I right-click the placeholder where the image should be it says the image is at i.i.com.com or us.a1.yimg.com and they won't load. Please help!

Working with images [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am stuck! I am building a website for my someone (just personal) and I am trying to do something but I just can't figure out how. OK, so this is what I am trying to do: in the middle of page I want to insert a picture; to the left and to the right of this picture I want to have links...

I can read but not see The Images, Please Help if you can! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everybody, Visiting the following site http://www.perezhilton.com/ I can read the paragraphs but could not see any pictures. So if sombody could please advise if I have to download additional software or plug-ins or simply adjust my browser 'Explorer'. I know that if there is a little box...

No images [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem that I can't find help for. Can someone tell me why I have no images in some of my windows just white boxes with red x's in them? Thank you, J

View more questions Search