Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiti143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
    I kissed my friend and feel guilty
    I've been with my boyfriend for 4 months. When he met me he knew what I was all about. Most of my friends are males. I grew up with a group of boys (I was a tomboy growing up, not anymore.. lol) and am still friends with them 'till this day. My best friend is a male for goodness sakes. My boyfriend has a hard time dealing with it and it makes it hard on me at time. Long story short a friend of mine passed away so after the viewing my friends and I went to a local bar to drink our sorrows away, the boyfriend got upset (I even invited him asking him to join me and he declined) and we got into a HUGE argument. I told him I couldn't continue being with him if he couldn't accept that I had mostly male friends. I was upset and started drinking more and more. I was wasted by the end of the night and kissed a friend of mine that I know. I feel so guilty, don't know if I should say anything. My boyfriend and I talked this morning and left it at "we'll talk later and figure out wheter or not we should continue this relationship or not". I feel like I cheated. I told him it was over and I said some hurtful things to him and vice versa. We kind of made up this morning but I still don't feel it's okay that I kissed someone even though we were "broken up" because technically it's not a real break up. I just don't know whether I should mention it. I would NEVER EVER do this again. I've been miserable all day, crying and just non stop thinking about it. If I tell him I know 100% that it's the end of us. I have no feelings for my friend whatsoever. I'm not sure if I did it because I was angry and obviously my judgement was impaired but I feel like crap and need advice! PLEASE HELP.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 29, 2008, 09:44 PM

Most of my friends are male too, I had a couple of boyfriends that had issues with that, and we aren't together anymore. My husband knows that most of my friends are men and he doesn't mind. If you feel like the two of you aren't going to last very much longer then why tell him? It will only cause more hurt feelings between the two of you when the relationship has ended. But you should do what you think is right, If I kissed another man while I was drunk I would tell my husband- but honestly, he would have been right beside me in that bar the whole time- so it wouldn't have happened. If you see the relationship lasting tell the truth. If the relationship is going to end anyway don't mention the incident.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 29, 2008, 09:56 PM

I think you got to take the wrath for this one. Most people say I would NEVER cheat... Til they do. Then they blame it on alcohol or ANYTHING else. YOU still made the decision to put your lips on his. The alcohol just made you feel not so guilty at the time and your paying for it now.

If I were you I would tell him, but I'm not so you got to make up your own mind. But even if telling him is going to break you guys up I would still do this to teach yourself a lesson that kissing another guy is still cheating no matter how you break it down or justify it.

Also if he can't accept that almost all your friends are male goodluck getting past half a year. Maybe you would have more success finding a mate IN your friend group. This would make it less likely that any of the other friends would try something while you are intoxicated.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 10:28 PM

You won't do it again Ah?

Not until you get into another fight and get all drunk and kiss one of your male friends.. ( I can't stand it when people say I did this because I was wasted! Do you have any idea how annoying that is!)

What you did was really stupid as you know.. tell him.. or he will find out sooner rather than later.

Trust will be DEAD and he will never trust you with any friends again
    I would leave him. And learn from this

Maybe learn some self control yes?

I'm being real nice here to you.

Tell him and reap what you sow.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 09:03 AM

First there is no excuse for drunken behavior, NONE. Find a better way to deal with yourself.

Second, you need a b/f who understands you, and knowing you having all those male friends, is hard for a guy who doesn't accept it.

He doesn't, and may be insecure, or jealous, for whatever reason, and given your actions while drunk... maybe some changes need to be made by you.

If your feeding those things in him, that's not healthy.

This relationship cannot survive without working together, through communications, defining the boundaries of acceptable behavior.

Talk and listen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel guilty when I look at my parents because I was adopted [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the story I was adopted when I was 6, so I remember almost every thing. How bad it was living in a broken bilding in russia. When My parents got me I was so happy. But now I have major guilt over it. I'm costing so much money for them, I'm not good in school, I don't feel like I...

How guilty should I feel? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So my boyfriend and I just took a 'break' about two weeks ago. This is how it went: he called me on the phone to tell me that while he was traveling for two weeks, he did a lot of thinking about 'us'. I instantaneously knew what he was going to do, so I quickly prepared myself and told myself...

Ex and I kissed,not sure how to feel or how to handle it. [ 6 Answers ]

Short story I took my ex to the movies because she simply wanted to catch up,as I thought I was on the right path and getting over her I had no intentions of anything happening,In fact my eyes were on every other girl then her lol not to be rude but to show that I had no intentions of doing...

Not sure how to grieve.I feel guilty for some reason [ 4 Answers ]

My good friends' brother passed away a few days ago, I was with him when he got the news and immediately broke down, and have a couple times since. I don't have a lot of experience in dealing with death, I have never even been to a graveyard funeral, only a couple of memorials. I don't know why or...

View more questions Search