Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j36 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Scary movies
    I just recently got into watching scary movies and now I love them! Does anyone have any good ones they could recommend?
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Oct 30, 2008, 12:14 AM
    I can recommend dozens mate. Let us know what you've seen so far that you enjoyed, and that'll give us an idea of what others you might like.

Some of my favourites would be - Halloween (original), The Excorcist, 28 Days Later, Saw, Candyman, Dawn of the Dead (either version), Salems Lot, Maniac, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake) and See No Evil.
    BrainBitter Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 01:35 AM

Well hold on to your hula hoops There is going to be a Saw 6 and Yes Even another Friday the 13th (Jason's Back) those are coming out next year I think
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Nov 1, 2008, 01:49 AM
    Yep, it's true. Friday 13th is out early in the year, and it's similar to Rob Zombie's Halloween in that it's more remake/re-imagining than sequel. Didn't work so well for Halloween, but having seen the teasers I've got high hopes for this one.
    sheppydie77 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 04:07 PM

Anything directed by dario argento and lucio fulci for exsample zombie flesh eaters, the beyond, house by the cemetery, deep red, four flies on grey velvet, creepers to name but a few regards damian
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 05:05 PM

I saw the ring in the movie theatre and I left the movies thinking about that movie for the rest of the day. It was very creepy.

The Ring (2002)

I liked this one too... Stay Alive

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441796/

Nov 1, 2008, 05:27 PM

Stay alive was OK but you can't beat the old late 70s and early 80s video nasties
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheppydie77 View Post
    stay alive was ok but you can't beat the old late 70s and early 80s video nasties

Yes... you are right about the 70s and 80s horror flicks, but that is why I like to find movies of this era that are scary. They have a lot to hold up to with the classic horror flicks. I appreciate seeing a good scary movie these days.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 05:34 PM

28 days later, 28 weeks later, saw, would be the first 3 that I can think of

Nov 1, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Well have you seen jack brooks monster slayer staring robert englund well it's a comedy horror 5*
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 05:40 PM
    well have you seen jack brooks monster slayer staring robert englund well its a comedy horror 5*
    Me or ALBEAR... I haven't seen it...

Nov 1, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Yourself I also recommend tartan release satan which is a pretty messed up french film, and stay away from paul naschy films they are bad just watched the man with the severed head never going to get them 86minutes back going to watch the house that drips blood now
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
    yourself i also recomend tartan release satan which is a pretty messed up french film, and stay away from paul naschy films thay are bad just watched the man with the severed head never going to get them 86minutes back going to watch the house that drips blood now
    Lol... are you in the u.s.? I have never heard of any one of those. :) the house that drips blood sounds interesting.

Nov 1, 2008, 06:09 PM
    No am from northern ireland house that drips blood starring are horror masters peter cushing and christopher lee hammer horror vampires you can't go wrong with any of these
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2008, 02:30 PM

Oh, oh... Final destination... but its more creepy than horrory, if that's a word...
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 02:36 PM

The Excorsist, Poltergiest... two classics, I think.
    Telepathetic23 Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Nov 4, 2008, 12:52 AM

People Under the Stairs
    BrainBitter Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 03:17 AM

People under The Stairs is too new for what I'm looking for it's Black and White and has a Severed Hand in it that kills people
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainBitter View Post
    People under The Stairs is too new for what I'm looking for it's Black and White and has a Severed Hand in it that kills people

This thread is about a guy looking for scary movies... :) did you mix them up?
    j36 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2008, 08:01 PM

Actually, the person originally looking for scary movies is a girl... but that's cool. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. ;]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suggestions for scary movies;'proper' scary [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a really scary movie - really scary, the kind that you can't sleep for days(or maybe just one day.. ) after watching. I haven't really watched many but I've realized that most of which I watch are more.. well, funny than scary. So, I'd really like suggestions for...

Movies, great movies cause I'm bored [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone knows a movie similar to the devil wears prada?

Scary sex [ 5 Answers ]

When me and my husband are having sex I start to bleed. We have sex on a regular basis and he is not rough and I'm starting to worry. What should I do?

Scary Movies [ 9 Answers ]

so its Halloween time and my friends and i are trying to find some scary movies to watch, but we can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of some really scary movies?? haha please help:p :o :) :D

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

View more questions Search