Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srgindersr Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Choosing Debt Settlement Company
    Hello. I have approximately $9000 in unsecured debt and have been trying to find the right company to go with. However, I have heard horror stories of people getting ripped off by shady "debt settlement firms". Does anyone out there have an idea of which company is the best and is honest?

Thank you.
    kayebird Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2008, 03:00 PM

I heard on a consumer show on TV that one should go with a non-profit credit counseling organization and check with the better business bureau on any agency you choose. Most companies do it for profit and will rip you so make sure it is a non-profit consumer organization.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt settlement company [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone use US Debt Relief, INC? If so are you pleased with them? I am looking for a DSC now and feel overwhelmed with the thought of getting screwed. I have made some initial contact with Oakview Law Group through debtconsolidationcare.com. Anyone heard of them? I guess I'm looking for a...

Effects on Credit with Debt Not Paid at all VS Debt pain in Settlement [ 2 Answers ]

I lost like 140k in a home foreclosure. The first mortgage bank cancelled my debt and sent me 1099c. The second mortgage bank sold the my loan for $102,500.00 to debt collector. Now Saxon mortgage who currently owns my loan, is giving me an offer to settle with $5000. I can't come up with that...

CC company offering a settlement? [ 1 Answers ]

The situation is this... The credit card company has offered a settlement that is lower than the balance on the card. The card is deliquent by months. Pay the settlement? How does that effect credit history and credit score? Would the company report this payoff?

Debt settlement [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, a little background for you. Joined debt settlement group. Mbna is not wanting to talk to them. Mbna or collection agency for Mbna is threating a lawsuit if I don't pay in full. They called my mother-in-law and gave her information about the situation trying to get in touch with me. ...

Debt Settlement-What should I do [ 2 Answers ]

I enrolled in a program with Debt Shield about a year ago. I have since ended the program and settled 2 of the 4 cards on my own. The other 2 are with the same company, Discover Card, and on one account they filed suit. I answered the summons and countersued. It was been almost 2 months since I...

View more questions Search