Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rissalynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Husband Adopting my Daughter
    What do I have to do for my husband to adopt my daughter? I get child support from her father but he has nothing to do with her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2008, 05:40 PM

You need to hire an attorney to prepare the adoption petititon to submit to your local Family Court. The lawyer will also prepare a Relinquishment of Parental Rights for the father. I suspect he will be willing to sign off on that since it will end his child support.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 3, 2008, 08:15 PM
    I went through something similar. I nailed my ex with serious child support payments, he was paying the most he could possibly pay, but he never saw my daughter. When I met my current husband, my lawyer at the time contacted my ex and told him an easy way to get the money back in your pocket and stop future payments is to sign over your rights. He did it that day, and my husband adopted her.

You'd be surprised how easy it gets when you use the money factor. Best of luck,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband adopting my daughter [ 5 Answers ]

Adoption I've gotten married since My ex & I split. Since then my daughter's father hasen't seen her since. He left when she was 4 and she is now 8 years old. He pays support each month faithfully because it's intercepted from his paycheck. I want to ask him to relinguish his parental rights...

New husband adopting my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old daughter. Her father has not seen her yet and he is not on the birth certificate. Me and my fiancé (not her father) are about to get married and are looking into him adopting her. I am wanting to know what to expect and what rights if any the father has. I have filed for child...

My husband adopting our daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 4 years but been together for 11 years we have three children between us one girl and two boy my oldest girl is not his blood child but my two boys are .we had been talking about him adopting our daughter. She has no idea that he is not her bio-father only...

Soon to be husband adopting my daughter in PA [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter's "sperm donor" and I broke up when I was 3 months pregnant. She just turned 5 in July. He has never seen her, or even a picture of her for that matter, has never called to see how she was doing, has never paid child support, has never bought her anything. His name is not on the...

My husband adopting my daughter after 5 1/2yrs [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! Please take it easy on me since this is my first time doing this. I have a questions about adoption in California. On my daugther's birth certificate I have "unknown as the father" I don't know who it was because I blackout at a friends house. I don't know what possible person...

View more questions Search