Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessiejaney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Former Slovakian City "Stadina" now called ?
    Am I Czechoslovakian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian or what? My great-grandmother, surname Prebhyla, was from a small town in the foothills of the Carpathian Mts. Known as Stadina when I looked it up in an atlas about 35-40 yrs. Ago. The accent is on the last syllable. I do not recall which country I found it in and now I can't find it at all; any help greatly appreciated.
    teddy0bear Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Nov 16, 2008, 12:40 AM

Slovakia hasn't really changed borders much in... ages. So if you know it was part of Slovakia before it probably still is. Although if your thinking more of the language when you say Slovakian City then I would recommend going to a more... specific form for your questions. You are most likely to get a better response if you speak to some of the locals. Try My Czech Republic - Czech travel, culture, community they are nice and helpful (and speak English)! (I'm sure there are Slovakian forms out there but this is the one I know and have had success with in the past)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song called "Good Life"? [ 12 Answers ]

It is a song from either the 80's or 90"s. Not the song by Kanye West either. I have had it stuck in my head form about 3 days now. Please help!

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Who sings the song called "Home"? It is always on 5FM and East Coast Radio? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song called "Home"? It is always on 5FM and East Coast Radio?

What is the formula for finding the ratio called "RETURN ON TOTAL RESOURCES" [ 3 Answers ]

this is my question.. reply to my email if possible the formula for RETURN ON TOTAL RESOURCES.. WHAT I NO IS THAT IT IS SOMETHING DIVIDED BY TOTAL ASSETS X 100.. IF I AM NOT RIGHT CAN SOME HELP ME PLEASE VERY SOON The following are the summarized profit and loss account of V Ltd for the year...

80's kids show w/ group called "The Rockets" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been searcing the web for days for info about a kids show that was on during the 80's: All I can remember is that there was a group of kids ranging in ages who were all members of a singing group called "The Rockets"-There was a young sister and older brother and a boy named...

View more questions Search