Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephieee Posts: 34, Reputation: 7

Oct 29, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Cosmetology Liscensing in Canada [spec.: Ontario]
    Hi-

I am apprenticing in a salon for my cosmetology license here in the states (Maryland). I should have it within the next year. I am considering moving to Toronto soon after, and I can't seem to find any concrete licensing requirements, other than the Cosmetology Industry Asociation of Ontario-but it appears as if it is a voluntary association... anyone know what sort of industry requirements they may have (if any)? Is there an exam? If so, are there a minemum amount of hours needed to be logged before I can take the exam?

Any help would be appreciated!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 03:58 PM

I am assuming you will want to move to Toronto, Ontario. Here is the licensing information I found on Google after entering 'Cosmetology Licensing in Canada'. It appears that Ontario has the most licensing for esthetics, probably because Toronto is the biggest centre.

Nail Technician: No licensing
    Hair Cutting: Hair stylists/cosmetologists ARE licensed in Ontario. 1500 hours at an accredited school or community college, (practical and theory curriculum) followed by a 2000 hour apprenticeship in a salon, then the provincial licensing exam. All are required to become a hair stylist.
    Esthetics: No licensing

Ministry of Education and Training/Apprenticeship Srvcs.
    1-625 Church St
    Toronto, ON M7A 2B5
    (416) 326-5800 · Fax: (416) 326-5799

So, if cosmetology is under esthetics, then I guess you don't need a license.
    HANNAH1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Hi, i name is barb hannah i got my diploma in cosmetology, how can i get my liscensing in cosmetology and i live in alberta canada but take the course at granton institute of technology in ont canada
    katrinmae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 08:55 PM
    Hello?
    I want working in beautician in to canada...
    I have a diploma in cosmetology...
    I ask if ? How to apply. *** I need working..
    simamonsef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Hi I would like to know how can I get licenes in canada(cosmetology)?
    Reneja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 05:53 AM
    I come from Africa and now living in Toronto. I have more than 10 years experience in the hairdresser industry. I would like to continue my career here in Toronto and have already book the hairstylist exam that I will write in the next 60 days, but I am a bit scared. My friends advised me that the exam is very tough no matter how much experience I have. Does anyone have some questions that were asked in the exam or anyone knows how I can get some? Please email me at [email protected] if possible.
    Thank you all very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy in Ontario Canada [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I live in ontario canada. I am just wondering.. If you are a full time employee. Can they garnish your wages or will they for that matter.. if you do plan on going bankrupt. And how long does it take to be able to take out a load through a bad/good credit place for ex. A car loan??

Statute of Limitations in Ontario, Canada [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitations on the criminal charges of obstruction and mischief. Waiting now for 1 and a half years to appear in Ontario Criminal Court. Also if found guilty is this a type of criminal record that would prevent me from traveling. I thank you in advance. P

After a year has passed on a DUI in Ontario, Canada. [ 1 Answers ]

Do you need to have a breathalizer in a vehicle just to drive again?

Debt collection in ontario canada [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a time frame that a company has to come after you about a debt? I am being asked to pay immediately a debt from a college in 1999. Do I have to pay this, and if not, how do I go about it.?

Expiration of a 'Judgement' in Ontario, Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the rules are regarding the lapsing of small claims judgements in Ontario, Canada? I received a judgement against someone in 1987. They disappeared shortly thereafter and have just now resurfaced. Can I enforce the judgement now? Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search