Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cobra270 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Malfunctioning Philips HD projection TV
    I was watching my projection television when the video feed suddenly went off. The set is connected to a cable subscription (Time Warner) but it is not connected to the cable box. This set is in a bedroom. I still had the audio signal. That was not interrupted at all. When I thought the input may have been changed for some reason, I checked all the inputs (VCR, DVD, etc). Still no video signal. However, I do get the audio just fine.

I removed the back to blow the dust out off the boards. I noticed no juice was going to the projection guns. Is this a circuit board issue? Has anyone experienced a problem like this? The model number is 55PW9363/17F, Serial number is YA1B0349027755. The unit is five years old. Philips will only ref
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2008, 01:18 PM

How is your TV connected for video? Are you using just a straight coax right to the TV or is the feed going to a vcr or a receiver? You mention a vcr and dvd player but are they separate inputs? Is the video not there for all the units? If it's a single input for all the equipment first try using a different input. Maybe try rca cables instead of coax if that is how it's connected. Vice Versa if it's the opposite. I have an old sony that works only through RCA cables. Something else to try is to connect a test TV up where your BR TV is. Good luck!
    cobra270 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Thank you for responding. The television is hooked to the cable service by a straight run of coaxial cable. The components are hooked in via individual inputs and HDMI inputs. I have no video signal on any input, though I do have sound. I will try your suggestions. Do you have any other ideas I could pursue?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my thermostat malfunctioning? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought a house with a packaged air unit outside. It is controlled by a Hunter thermostat in the center hallway of the house. My problem is that no matter what I change the preset temp to the thermostat will run the air until it reaches the set temp, but will keep running and not...

Philips projection TV picture and colors bow at top and bottom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a philips rear projection TV and the top and bottom of screen bows distorting the color and picture. I used to be able to adjust the picture with the remote but it doesn't work now,and was wondering if it needs an an ajustment or a new lamp.

Philips projection TV [ 4 Answers ]

I need help or information to help me fix my philips projection TV, the color is all messed up, the whites are too bright and the other colors are only purple and pink... :( :o Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this? Thank you for any information..

Malfunctioning Sink Sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having an issue with my sink sprayer and I can't narrow down what part might be the problem, so I'm hoping someone can help. When I squeeze the sprayer, a full spray comes out of all the holes for a fraction of a second, then the flow dies down to a dribble. This will happen as...

CD ROM Malfunctioning [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Samsung CD ROM drive.For some days its tray Is not functioning properly.It is not opening after pressing the eject key.After repeated pressing it occasionally opens.But after opening the tray when I press the same key it is ejecting spontaneously just after closing and I cannot close...

View more questions Search