Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacky1 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Dodge engine?
    I have a dodge neon and I was driving it the other night and after I had gone a few blocks I had a problem. For like a half a second it was kind of like my car died, it slowed a little like I didn't have power then was just fine after that but didn't turn off all the way. It did this twice in a row and each time that happened the little light that looks like an engine on the dash came on but then turned off right after it happened. Does anyone know what could be the problem with it? Should I be concerned and take it to a mechanic? Or should I wait to see if it does it again? Please help if you can. Thanks!
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2008, 01:48 PM

It's possible that if you take it to a mechanic that they can pull a code from it to determine what's wrong. You could have a plug that's fouling or a sensor going bad. I would definitely have it looked at. You don't want to be sitting in traffic and have the thing die on you.

Oct 30, 2008, 11:45 PM

Thanks, I'm going to have to take it in soon cause I drove it again tonight and it actually died twice on me this time. I had to stop the car and wait quite a few seconds and then I could start it again. But it was in the middle of me driving so I don't know. If anyone has any suggestions about what it could be please let me know so I know about how much this could cost me. Oh and I didn't check the oil and its good and the transmissions fluid is good and its like half way full with gas. :( I hope its going to be OK thanks!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 02:00 PM

Rooster is right; check for any saved fault codes in the computer first. It's the best and easiest start to an accurate diagnosis.

Nov 6, 2008, 03:40 AM

K here's the deal in case anyone was wondering. I took my car in and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and it wouldn't die for them so I have it back now and I had to pay them $30 for doing nothing
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 10:07 AM

You have to pay them $30 for their time. It's the unfortunate part of vehicle repair; I can't spend my time trying to diagnose something and then not get reimbursed for it.

Nov 8, 2008, 11:07 PM

K so now I'm a little pissed because I took it to the place to get fixed and they said nothing was wrong so its been driving fine for a few days but I was going to go to a friends house who is like half an hour away and after like 10 minutes it starts jerking on me and for like half a second it would cut out. It would slow down like it didn't have power and the spedometer would go from like 60 to 0 or 10 then go back up to 60. It did that the whole rest of the way there. I had to make it there though so I can take it in to be fixed... I hope. It probably did it like a hundred time or so on the way there I didn't keep count. I probably made it worse and am ruining the car but I had no choice. Also another thing is it seemed like it did it more when I was going uphill but I could be wrong. Does anyone one know what could be wrong with it because this is really frustrating and I just reallly want it fixed. Thanks

Nov 10, 2008, 01:34 AM

So I took my firend out to ride I'm my car so she could see what happens because she was going to take it in for me so and so she knew what to tell them and it didn't do anything! It worked just fine! So I drove it an hour and a half home and gave it to my parents to worry about now. And I didn't have any problems the whole way home. Any ideas at all as to what could be wrong?? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can cause overheating on my Dodge Ram 2002 4.7 engine? [ 22 Answers ]

Mi truck is overheating I change thermostat, fans clutch, radiator is 6 month old, water pump is OK but is a lot o pressure when engine is hot and my cage mark 1/4 pass the middle mark of the cage, what is the possible problem?

Water on 4.7 dodge ram engine [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I was cleaning my engine and sprayed water on it and now it's mis-firing and I have a check engine light. This is a 2004 QUAD cAB RAM 1500 4.7 engine Jackster

2001 dodge durango engine code P0320 and P0700 [ 0 Answers ]

Driving down the road yesterday and felt a slight thump. Check engine light came on and noticed vehicle would hardly move and kept dying. Engine codes show P0320 and P0700. I think the thump was from the rough idle not anything breaking. I was able to drive it home and engine ran smooth if I stayed...

1924-4cyl dodge engine starter/generator [ 1 Answers ]

The starter/generator on the 1924 dodge is a combined starter and generator. It is a 12volt system. I need a wiring diagram or details how to hook up this system. Thank you. B. Bailey at [email protected]

Having Trouble Identifing 79 Dodge Engine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, hope someone can help. I just bought a 1979 Dodge Sportsman/Grand Slam RV. It is built on a van chassis/body and I can't find anything telling me what size the engine is. It runs good, but I need to know what the engine is so I can order parts, etc. for tune ups. I have tried to figure it out...

View more questions Search