Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonelyone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I like a friend with a boyfriend.
    So yeah, I like a friend with a boyfriend and I'm pretty sure she likes me too (the way she acts, body language etc). My only problem is that I'm pretty sure she isn't planning on breaking up with him anytime soon.

So my question is this, what should I do?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 12:42 PM

It's best to learn this when you're a teen, so that you don't have problems with it when you're an adult.

If a person is in a relationship/marriage they are off limits. No matter what.

If this girl breaks up with the guy, then she's fair game, but not until then.

Its not worth the heartache of trying to win someone else's girl. Really.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 12:42 PM

Don't push her to leave him. If you really like her, give it time. If you can't wait, move on. You have to figure out how long you WILL wait.

Oct 29, 2008, 12:44 PM

I'm not sure if I want to move on because right now, she's one of two girls I like. And the other girl I've already voiced my thoughts to and she doesn't want a boyfriend right now, so that's done.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 12:48 PM

She may come around, but you will have to find out without persueing anything. You will have to be yourself around her.
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Oct 29, 2008, 12:53 PM

Lonelyone, don't give up. I know how you feel. I can relate. You need to be patient. That's the key thing. Tell her. Say it's not to break them up, just say "I think it's better to know than not know, but if you aren't interested that's ok with me. I may be sad but I respect your answer." After, make her feel comfortable (NO AWKWARD SILENCES) the only reason things get awkward is because we MAKE it awkward, it's easy to fix things. Tell her you aren't going to make a move on her if she doesn't like the idea. No worries. And tell her you have no intention in letting her cheat. Either it's you or him because cheating is NOT a good thing right? Sorry for TELLING you to. Im supposed to be ADVISING it. Well, that's all the advice I have for now. ;)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 29, 2008, 04:23 PM

I agree with most of the others;
    Forget about it until they break up without any influence from you. I don't even think you should mention it to her. Do so AFTER/IF she breaks up with the guy she is with now.

Like HistorianChick said, they are off limits.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelyone View Post
    So my question is this, what should I do?
    Remember your noble character and do nothing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 06:34 PM

If she has a boyfriend and does not plan on breaking it off, there is nothing to really choose, you back off and leave it alone

Oct 30, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Yeah, I don't know if I'll tell her even though I really want to, just because I want to preserve our friendship. Man, it sucks. Thanks for the advice though.
    curiousteenager Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Well since I'm a girl what I woul want is to know if someone likes me because if a friend liked me I wouldn't really catch the hints because I'de think, "Oh well guess he only wants to be friends." and Maybe she likes you too but thinks that you only want to be friends.
    About the boyfriend thing talk to her and see if she really likes her. Whether the answer is yes or no tell her you like her anyway and that you will wait for her. She will think that you are sweet and sensitive guy for caring about how she feels and being mature enough to see what happens and she will also think that you are sweet for waiting for her. Well I hope this helps
    XxXxXxX
    :pcuriousteenager:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend vs. Boyfriend. What do I do? [ 13 Answers ]

OK the guy I am dating now... the one I've posted a lot about... he offered to end our relationship last night. What happened was that the guy I dated before him... *david... and me are friends, and my boyfriend HATES it. Me and david talk in the hallway between classes, and we've talked on the...

Boyfriend or friend? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so, a friend of mine is dating this guy and they have been dating for only a month and have known each other for 7 years. He works out of town and when he is gone he is the sweetest guy ever towards her, but when he is in town he doesn't act like that, he doesn't rarely want to kiss her she...

Best friend V. Boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, here's the thing. I went to a new school this year, and became friends with the greatest friends I could find. I love them so much. But about 7 months ago, my best friend asked me to go out with him and I said yes. We've been together since then, but he really hates my best friend kate. I...

Best friend or Boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been going out with this really great guy for a little over a month now, but I don't know what to do. He's treating me well and everything, its just that I'm not as into him as I used to be... he tells me that he loves me and I can't give it back to him... I normally don't tell a guy that I...

My best friend and my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this guy friend and we were really close and then I got a boyfriend and he got mad at me and now he's like not talking to me as much and when I try to cal l him he won't answer his phone and it kills me and you I lovee my boyfriend and I want to stay with him but I don't know what to...

View more questions Search